web article: 80's flashback LiL John Buttera

megawatt

We'll keep the lights on for you
http://cgdailydrive.com/eighties-flashback-lil-john-buttera-built-buick-regal/

Guess I'm having an 80's flashback too, found this article very interesting and I am having an appreciation for early 80's style and colors (LiL John & Molly). I can see this influence used on the GN used in the TV series Life.

LIL john buick.jpg LIL john buick.jpg85 GN TV series Life.jpg

I have some old magazine articles on that car. I think it ended up with a Gale Banks twin turbo V6 and was on the cover of Hot Rod or Car Craft. I believe the car is still alive.

I goofed. :oops: Looking at the articles, the Buttera Car and the car with the Banks twin turbo are two different cars.

They both have paint scheme similar to the 1981 Pace Car. Buttera's car is mostly cosmetic, with painted & tucked bumpers. The rocker paint doesn't go over the wheel wells. Car Craft featured it in June 1982 - "Fit For A King".

The other car is the "Sunday Driver" and was a project car that covered four articles in Hot Rod. The first three are a stock build up. The forth is the twin turbo motor with names like Roe, Kenne-Bell and Banks. Ran a 13.25 on pump gas. :)

Both were done be legends :) Would be nice to find out if Fit for a King is a survivor? Think I found the June 82 CC for sale on Ebay, will have to pick me up a copy, most of my collection from those years were Autobuff :D