Website update, Dark Red T and GN new pics & times

tim87tr

Obsession or Digression?
After racing my car twice in the last week, my only time at the track this year, I finally got motivated to borrow a camera and take some digital pics of the TRs. I've spent too much time the last few days messing around with the site. I finally decided to quite changing the pictures, for now:D .

Thankfully, I had another thread and got some great advice on updating the pics after some screw-ups. The pics are still a little bit blurry and I eventually want to add another page for additional pics of the cars, motorcycle, etc., and friends cars.

Link is in sig and also in website button below. Feel free to give me some advice as I'm a newbie on the web design. Let me know what you think:cool: Tim

awesome site man and great looking cars. I really like the 84-85 GN rims look on the ttypes. Nice times for the mods as well

Originally posted by JDSfastGN
awesome site man and great looking cars. I really like the 84-85 GN rims look on the ttypes. Nice times for the mods as well
Thanks, it's my first website, I really didn't think it was too good yet.

I had a TR friend already ask me about the 84-85 GN rims, and I really forgot about that when I painted these with the POR 15 paints. The rear wheels are 8.5" Vectors and the fronts are 7" stock T wheels, all of which were in terrible shape (cheap:D ). So I decided to do this custom paint project over the winter.

I don't have heat in my garage, so naturally I had to paint them in my bedroom "paint booth" with both exhaust fans on:rolleyes: . I had to tell this story as I know some of the married folks would enjoy it:D . As you might guess, I'm not married;) , but the last girlfriend seemed slightly alarmed by "the project":eek:

Originally posted by tim87tr
. So I decided to do this custom paint project over the winter.
I don't have heat in my garage, so naturally I had to paint them in my bedroom "paint booth" with both exhaust fans on:rolleyes: . I had to tell this story as I know some of the married folks would enjoy it:D . As you might guess, I'm not married;) , but the last girlfriend seemed slightly alarmed by "the project":eek:
Anyone else use their bedroom as a winter "paint booth":eek: :p

Tim, let that baby squat down (the Red T). If you rolled the lip back it shouldn't rub at all (depending on your back space).
Nice revision...

Good job, Tim! Looks like a good start. Your GN looks good with those GNX style rims. Where did you get them?

Frank

Originally posted by zam70
Tim, let that baby squat down (the Red T). If you rolled the lip back it shouldn't rub at all (depending on your back space).
Nice revision...
Those 8.5" Vectors only have 3.5" bs, and need about 4", plus I have completely stock suspension....squats quick in back, low in front. The photo makes it look worse than it is, but I'll let some air out to check it out. I just got back from drag racing and cleaned the layer of rubber off the rear wheel area :cool: and still had quite a bit in the airbags when I took the pic. I only rolled the ps also.

Originally posted by boostedmaxPSI
Good job, Tim! Looks like a good start. Your GN looks good with those GNX style rims. Where did you get them?
Frank
The Enkei rims came with the Dark Red T I bought. I spoke to the original owner, and he said he bought them a year or so after he bought the car, and I don't believe they still make that style. With the new wheels I painted and use on the car now, I can trade them back and forth between cars.

Try this link for a pic of the Red T with the Enkei GNX wheels. Cut and paste this into the address line of your browser, add a space after it, then hit enter

http://www.geocities.com/tim87tr/burgreg1.jpg

yea they dont make them anymore ive called enkei and searched sites over and again....i have three:( .....

The Enkei rims came with the Dark Red T I bought. I spoke to the original owner, and he said he bought them a year or so after he bought the car, and I don't believe they still make that style. With the new wheels I painted and use on the car now, I can trade them back and forth between cars.

thanks! that GNX style is getting harder and harder to buy, even more so no that Clasic Industries is retooling their machine for these rims.

Frank

thanks! that GNX style is getting harder and harder to buy, even more so no that Clasic Industries is retooling their machine for these rims.
Frank

Try this link for a pic of the Red T with the Enkei GNX wheels. Copy and paste this into the address line of your browser, add a space after it, then hit enter

http://www.geocities.com/tim87tr/burgreg1.jpg

That's a real nice car. Wanna sell your rims???
Frank
:D No way! I plan on keeping the cars for a long time also.:cool:

I've got a couple of turbos that we can make a part trade with that were just rebuilt by John Craigs shop. PT-51 and TA-48 both with polished compressor housings.

I've got a couple of turbos that we can make a part trade with that were just rebuilt by John Craigs shop. PT-51 and TA-48 both with polished compressor housings.
Got a JC TE-60 with polished housing on the way. BTW, I'm one of those guys that hangs up on telemarketers;)

Good try though:cool: Engineers are concrete thinkers and get fixated on "No":rolleyes: ;)

How did you know that I'm an Engineer? I'm the Regional Engineering Manager for T-Mobile, and worked as a lab Engineer for 2 plus years on the latest wireless technology.

What field are you in?

Frank