Weird 2-3 shift..

Adrian87

My car doesn't want to shift out of 2nd at WOT..will pop against (I guess) the rev limiter until I let off a little so it can shift into 3rd..then if I press too much after letting off it will go BACK INTO 2nd!! Ugh!! My TV cable doesn't seem to want to adjust any more, it seems like it keeps going back to the same place no matter what. Great rebuilt TCI Streetfighter trans that had just been freshened by TCI before I bought it, and I have a PTS 9x11 3200 that I love...also doesn't want to shift into OD until 65 mph or so which is really annoying. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? This is my first automatic rig and I don't know much about them at all.

I'm not a trans expert, but it sounds like the TV cable adjustment is bad. Chime in experts!
Keith

sounds like hrottle valve cable needs adjustment.to see if its the governor or tv system verify wot upshift rpm with the tv at 3/4 of full setting at wot.post results.

Wow, a wiped cam lobe, no thats definently not it..Chris, I PMd you..tell me what you mean by 3/4 adjustment and I'll try it when I get off work today..thanks :)

Did you try pull the cable out a couple clicks at a time? Sounds like the cable is too far rearward.

from where it is at right now, push on the button on top of the cable and pull the inner sleeve forward about 2-3 clicks an test drive it.