Weird Bank to Bank Problem

V6 Beast

Under Pressure
Went to track last night and had a weird problem. About 1/2 through 1st FAST just quits correcting. The O2 is still reading and displaying AF ratio and it should be correcting but for some reason it just doesn't. I looked at all the closed loop parameters and nothing got changed. The only change I have made is I moved the IAT to the intake from right before TB.

Any ideas?

Go Tarheels!

Mine has done the same thing at times, like it was locking up. I was thinking it was the o2 sensor going south. How old is your o2?

I'd give Jack a call. I'm sure he knows what is wrong.

Thanks for taking the time to post. You are a really big help. :rolleyes:

I have talked to Jack already and he has told me what the problem most likely is. Just looking for some off the wall suggestions to check out also.

Don't you ever get tired of being a dickhead Ted?

Your closed loop low and high RPM are both set for 4000 RPM?

I would think you would never get any O2 correction.

-BC

Your closed loop low and high RPM are both set for 4000 RPM?

I would think you would never get any O2 correction.

-BC

High RPM is the RPM that is begins closed Loop operation.... which is 4000 RPM. The Low value is the RPM value that, once closed loop has been engaged, it has to go below to go out of closed loop which is also 4000. So it has to go beyond 4000 to begin closed loop and once the rpms drop back below 4000 it will go out of closed loop.

I'd give Jack a call. I'm sure he knows what is wrong.

I thought we weeded out people with multiple user names:confused: Maybe he changed it in that sticky about multiple user names and I just missed it?

To think people used to bash Travis about multiple's.. hmmmm pot me Mr Kettle.

High RPM is the RPM that is begins closed Loop operation.... which is 4000 RPM. The Low value is the RPM value that, once closed loop has been engaged, it has to go below to go out of closed loop which is also 4000. So it has to go beyond 4000 to begin closed loop and once the rpms drop back below 4000 it will go out of closed loop.

Tell me if I am nuts....PLEASE!:eek: Closed loop is engaged between the low and high RPM values, is it not? Is it not intended for low/idle speed? Seems like setting both for 4000 would never let it go into closed loop, or the computer would see it as a trigger to go into closed loop at 4000 on the way up, not being able to read both the low and high at the same time????? Is that why it is not correcting? Maybe I've been wrong all along or having tuning flashbacks. It has been a while since I have messed with mine.

I did fall on the ice yesterday, maybe I did hit my head!:biggrin: :biggrin:

its not high low limits its turnon/turnoff points

1st# is to turn on
2nd # is to turn off

so 4000/4000
once above 4000 closed loop turned on
anytime it falls below 4000 closed loop is turned off

Tell me if I am nuts....PLEASE!:eek: Closed loop is engaged between the low and high RPM values, is it not? Is it not intended for low/idle speed? Seems like setting both for 4000 would never let it go into closed loop, or the computer would see it as a trigger to go into closed loop at 4000 on the way up, not being able to read both the low and high at the same time????? Is that why it is not correcting? Maybe I've been wrong all along or having tuning flashbacks. It has been a while since I have messed with mine.

I did fall on the ice yesterday, maybe I did hit my head!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Ok your nuts. :biggrin:

It stops correcting at about 6500.

This is from the help right in FAST software.

Oxygen Sensor and Closed Loop Parameters

Closed loop mode means that the ECU will compare the measured air/fuel ratio to the target air/fuel ratio and automatically increase or decrease fuel delivery accordingly. In open loop mode, the ECU will still use the oxygen sensor to read air/fuel ratios, but will not adjust fuel delivery as in closed loop mode. Click on any of the parameters in the image below to jump directly to information on that topic.

Closed Loop High RPM
This is the RPM that must be exceeded before the ECU will enter closed loop mode. The closed loop minimum temperature must also be exceeded for closed loop operation. This number should be set to a higher value than the value in Closed Loop Low RPM.

Closed Loop Low RPM
Once the ECU has entered closed loop mode, the RPM must drop below this number before closed loop mode is turned off.

Cold Closed Loop Delay
The minimum time from initial startup before entering closed loop mode when the coolant temperature is below 60 degrees F.

Hot Closed Loop Delay
The minimum time from initial startup before entering closed loop mode when the coolant temperature is above 60 degrees F.

sully

Try reloading the program. i have had a few issues as well and had to reload the program form a older GCT and make the changes to correct.