Well I wrecked my car today

blackbuick87

Some woman decided she could turn left in front of me and I schmucked the rear of her Ford Explorer. :mad: :mad:
I locked em up and tried to go around the rear and hit her at about 30mph and knocked the truck right on its side. It is scary how easily that thing turned over. Thank God no one was hurt, save my car.
I did not get a ticket, I dont know if she got one. The officer did say she put in her report that I was not at fault and she cut in front of me.

The car is at a Buick dealer now. Any tips on dealing with AAA and things I should point out? I doubt the car will be totaled, it seems fine except the front

http://bobdittmar.tripod.com/blown87combobs1987buickgrandnational/id10.html

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Seems to be a lot of these sad postings.

Yep those women drivers & ford EXPLODERS are a bad MIX.

What do you mean buy dealing with AAA.
I thought they are road service?

Is AAA in the insurance business now?

Looking at the photo I would say this could be fixed & parts can be had. what really needs to be checked out it the frame & cage that it did notmove the rear quarter from the impact. I am no bodyman but I would have a good shop look it over.

As for the insurance company go armed with GN classifieds & blue book version for classic cars.

I can't help you with AAA but the first thing I'd do is get that car to a qualified body shop and out of that Buick dealer. I don't think I'd want most dealership body shops touching my car. Start making some phone calls to some friends and find out who is good in your area. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. :( I just went down the same road as you myself. Good luck.

EDIT: By the way, looks like you need a new headlight bezzel. I've got a good used one that has been repainted and is structurally sound. Also have a side marker light in good shape, turn signal light (the one in the bumper), and front rub strip. If any of these parts can help you out let me know. I just have to pick them up from my body shop. Like I mentioned above I been there and done that!!! Maybe other people can chip in and help you find other parts you can use as well, cuz I can tell you for sure most of the stuff was a bitch to find! Very little is available from GM anymore. :(

The reason I had it go to the dealer is they fixed my wife's Regal and did a good job. Since they are a AAA approved dealer most of the bull$hit is waved and I probably wont have to pay the deductible (though that may apply anywhere since it wasnt my fault)

AAA INSURANCE... OK here in New Hampshire AAA insurance is really PROGRESSIVE.. They must contract out.

Some dealer (very few) are good in body shop work.
The real person to ask who does good work in your area is
the appraiser. generally they know who is best & they don't work directly for your insurance company.

Don't settle for NON AMERICAN parts. My wifes last mini van had hood replaced & it looked like a minefield.

Don't let them total that car!!! I've seen much worse in the past with these cars and they didn't have any frame damage (even if it did they can fix that as well)........ Sorry to hear about this, but the important thing is that you are okay!!!

I hope everything works out for ya and hopefully when they're done with the car it looks better than it did new:cool:

Good luck:)

Sorry to see that! About a week ago the same thing happened to me:

http://home.att.net/~jesse.adkins/Wrecked1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~jesse.adkins/Wrecked2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~jesse.adkins/Wrecked3.jpg

Glad you are okay!

If you look at mine that is totalled. I have less damage than you and they said straight up book is 4k and it is totalled the minute they looked at it. I didn't fret as I went through this before. Start pulling off Kirbans, Trader-Online, etc... all the cars you can find with prices. When it comes down to it they will average them which wasn't bad for me last time around.

When I had my accident I really thought the fiberglass bumper and aluminum brackets had a lot to do with the damage but after seeing yours with metal pieces I think any decent shot (5 MPH and up) to the front and you might as well plan on a header panel, fillers, bezels, air-dams and radiator supports.

Yours looks so close to mine in detail it is frightening!!:eek:

Damn Jesse,
Sorry to here about your incident. You have a lot more work into yours than I do into mine. That sucks

Once you showed them the prices these cars are going for did they change their mind and decide to repair it, or are you still fighting over that?

I cant call the insurance until tomorrow, it will be interesting what she says.

When I hit the FURD my car felt dead solid. I think the braces I have installed really held the car firm, but I wont know for sure til they look at it. You are right though, the fronts of these cars is like paper mache

Well today they offered to not pay for my FM and give me a $99.00 radiator in place of my $600.00 Be-Cool....yea, struggle on-going! The haven't argued the damaged front end pieces yet....maybe that falls under them telling me it is totalled. I have a T but I went to NADAGuides.Com under "Special Interest Vehicles" and pulled a book price of 10k-14k to rebutt their 4k book value:D The GN I think was 12k-17k. I also mentioned getting an appraiser today like I did with my GN. I used Kirban's guy before and next day had my check. They don't want to go to court IMO over it. If you end up needing his info I have it. You will get the totalled line too but just stick to your guns! The guy I had said the IC was an add-on...LOL I had to show him the correct VIN and what they were. He is learning quick;)

Well I have the advantage of my car being almost stock. If they want to give me a stock rad it will be better than my old stocker.
I know the a/c condenser is smoked but that should be no big deal. I couldnt get the hood up so I dont know what it looks like in there, my battery probably isnt too happy but it still started so that is something.

Tomorrow should be interesting

dude! that sucks...i can't believe just 4 days ago we were at the fling and i was looking at your car and now i see your pics of the accident...weird! hope everything goes ok man...

another guy i know from lafayette had his typhoon stolen last night! what's goin on here!:mad:

Geez, lots of these type of posts recently... you guys are going to have to start driving better or you're going to make all of our insurance go up! ;)

Truly sorry about the car and the fact you're having to deal with those BS Insurance companies.....

James

Bob,

I haven't looked at the pics, but the SAME thing happend to me with my car....Lady turned infront of me in a 15 passenger cargo van, and I Just hit her head on. When you go to pick up the police report, file a Ticket agenst her for "careless driving". She will have to pay court costs, get points on her lisence, and it will give you some closure when you hear her say "guilty" in court.

According to the officer at my accident scene this type of accident happens often, and it is always the person's fault who is turning left (as long as the light was green) It is legal to make a left turn, however it is NOT legal when someone is coming.

Get yourself a lawyer and make the B!tch pay...Keep in mind...YOU ARE THE VICTIM, and you have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit agenst her. Get yourself checked out...my accident was about 2 months ago, and I still have pains.

Good luck, and E-mail me if you need any help
Here are pictures of my car after the same thing happend:
http://community.webshots.com/user/turboregal84

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Even if the insurance company totals the car. Sometimes you can buy it back and fix it your self. It all depends on the state laws. We had a car 1979 Olds Cutlas that got caught in a hail storm, the insurrance company totaled it . They paid us 2800.00 and we had it fixed for 750.00.( Dent Doctors) We retained a good title, so there are some options to look at. Your car looks very repairable though.
tom

Thanks for the advice Herb but the Buick did all the dishing out yesterday. I was not hurt to my knowledge, and as long as I get my car back thats all I care about.

I filed the claim and I dont have to pay my deductible which is cool, that saves $500. However I called the Buick dealer and he started talking about how hard to find some of the pieces will be. He says "The hardest part will be the hood. We may have to put a regular Regal hood on there"

I said oh no it HAS to have a turbo hood on it. I am going to give them a day or two to put an estimate together and see what they can find and what kind of estimate they put together. Then its my way or the highway

man im sorry to hear about the wreck. The damage looks just like the damage that was done to my 87 back a few years ago, they should not total it, if so fight it. good luck man:(