went somewhere over 30 psi..

87chrisss

BLUBYU
was messing with the car awhile ago i undid the actuator to give it a couple cranks on the rod its been a bit cooler in miami so i wanted to feel some boost i took her out and got on the car and car went absolutely crazy i got off the throttle never felt the car spool so fast and pull so hard before...of course i wanted to give it another shot but stay on it and not let off....i get on the car car goes crazy again im trying to control her but shes laughing at the road..so far everything fine till i take a glance at my boost gauge needle is laying down behind the 30 psi mark, no knock must have gotten lucky since i always turn up the meth injection a bit while raising boost then ill gradually turn it down..anyways i let off the throttle and then the car blew the turbo to intercooler hose it ripped it apart.. made like a slit like it couldnt hold the pressure.... then i noticed i never connected the actuator line to the turbo when i put back the actuator...car runs fine no problem..but how much boost do you think this bitch ingested? i have a 3 bar map on it, gauge reads only to 30 psi..and i layed the needle under 30.

is the needle bent.....? (kidding)

what turbo, what is the build combo?

When you drop the throttle, there is a huge pressure spike in the intercooler and piping.

Bob

(you = lucky)

stock iron headed motor guy i bought car from said they were just cleaned up no crazy port work.. ported intake and throttle body std block 6765 bb slic 57# injectors (55s) plogger scanmaster lc1 wideband, built trans vig converter weird homemade built smc kit...i also run e85 mixed with pump..

are you sure it didnt pass 30 psi..the needle on the gauge wanted to do another circle it was def behind the 30

I believe he was kidding hence the winking smiley. No one can answer your question they can just guess, lets just say try to not let it happen again.

Let's see. 6765 turbo and 55# injectors on fuel combo of E85, pump gas and homemade alky system. I'm sure an EGT gauge would have a bent needle.

You need to look at your fueling. You were lucky this time.

we raced it with the line disconnected to get some more boost out of the car.. Only went to 27#s

Let's see. 6765 turbo and 55# injectors on fuel combo of E85, pump gas and homemade alky system. I'm sure an EGT gauge would have a bent needle.

You need to look at your fueling. You were lucky this time.

i have a wideband i saw where the afr on SM .. it was rich running in the mid 10s, my fuel is fine if it wasnt i would have blown

Not much higher than 30 or I'd just pull it to replace the bent rods and collapsed pistons

Yep! I remember 29 psi…Got new ported heads, ARP bolts and a comp cam out of the deal. I mean why not when you’re in there replacing the head gaskets. :oops:

30 psi with gt71 ='d cracked sleve an 109 block ! (my factory boostline came off at WOT,run 22psi normaly)Long as your oil pan's not choclate a milk container an have all the compression, I vote you got lucky!! 25-26psi about the limit with 109..

30 psi with gt71 ='d cracked sleve an 109 block ! (my factory boostline came off at WOT,run 22psi normaly)Long as your oil pan's not choclate a milk container an have all the compression, I vote you got lucky!! 25-26psi about the limit with 109..

I don't know about all that, it's the big unexpected jump into a boost level that's not been tuned for that's scary...many people have been there and survived.

Many people are running over that. Gabby Rojas runs like 35 lbs! It's not all in the PSI, it has to do with the volume too.

w.e boost it went too it took it and motor is fine no chocolate no other problems i just didnt know what was the absolute amount of boost it could have ingested oil is clean car turns on when i show her the key..no smoke no farts nothing..will check back in later with results when i change the Turbo to IC hose and maybe give it some passes and a vid

Many people are running over that. Gabby Rojas runs like 35 lbs! It's not all in the PSI, it has to do with the volume too.

ive seen gabby's laptop with a logged run he didnt run 35 psi? im not saying he hasnt! but on the run i saw logged.. it was his normal 1/8th mile wheelstander and car didnt pass 25 psi.. he also made it clear to me to look at his boost on the log actually forgot the guys S.N on here that was telling me Gabby runs those times with crazy Boost #'s but has to change his HG's after the track ? he has never changed the HG or blown anything he's always at the track and he always stands that bitch up..