wet spark plug??

wyk3d

Car wiring sucks!
Its spring again and time to break out the GN. I have a wet spark plug on number 6. Performance isnt all that great either, knocking at like 12#s. A pressure test holds but i was wondering if this could be a bad #6 injector. They are 42.5 lucas that came on the car before i bought it so i dont know their history, id say they are 6-7 years old at best guess. What other possible causes are there for a wet plug?

Dan

Well, just a guess or two on how to figure it out. Try changing the plug. If it is still wet, then you know there is nothing wrong with it. Then swap injectors around. Swap the #2 with the #6. If the wet plug moves to #2, then you'v vound your problem, and have only spent the money on one plug. Or, do that in the reverse order, and possibly spend no money. Good Luck.

Brian

yeah we swapped plugs i guess i should have mentioned that. Stayed on number 6. Checked the coilpack with the tester from caspers thats all good. New wires are on there. Havent switched injectors how hard a job is that?

Dan

Not too hard. I just did mine, but can't remember everything that you have to do. You have to pull the TV, throttle and cruise cables off the intake. If you are just swapping two, then you may be able to get by without disconnecting the fuel line on the passenger side(feed line). Heck, you may be able to get away without removing either, but I wouldn't bet on it. You'll have to remove the coil pack. Then just take the bolts out that hold down the fuel rail and pull up on it. Try just pulling up the side you need. Unplug the injectors, and pull off the two you want to swap. Check out the o-rings on them while they are out. Coat them with oil before trying to put back in. Gently push them into the fuel rail, then push the fuel rail down to push the injectors into the intake. I'm sure I forgot something, but it is straight forward, so you should be able to figure it out the rest of the way. Don't forget to plug the injectors back in. Good luck.

Brian