We've seen the garage, let's see the basement

gn1220

We've had threads showing our garages before so now let's see your basements. I've been cleaning mine all day, moving things around and trying to decide where and how to fit a bar, O gauge train layout, pool table, Pepsi machine and a bunch of little metal cars down there and make it look nice without clutter. Give me some ideas!:)

Hopefully Turbojimmy will jump in on this thread. He has the best looking basement I have ever seen!

Mine? The camera would break if I took a picture of it right now. Still have to redo the kitchen and bathroom before I tackle that project. Turbojimmy's is what I would like to end up with some day.

Office is now cleared up, this was shortly after we moved in...
Pb080666.jpg

Pb080667.jpg

Pb080668.jpg

Pb080669.jpg

Pb080670.jpg

Pb080671.jpg

Pb080673.jpg

Pb080674.jpg

Pb080676.jpg

I tried to edit my post but it wouldn't let me. I wanted to add the following:

Clay that is one huge f'n basement. Nicely done, too. Must be a mansion you're in down thar in Geeeeorgia.

Jim

Very nice Jim. I love the pinball machine. I'm currently looking for an old arcade cabinet to build a MAME machine out of for the kids.
Oh, BTW, now that it's done, the wife LOVES the theater. She likes to have the girls over and watch Friends on DVD. hehe.

Originally posted by efi-street
Very nice Jim. I love the pinball machine. I'm currently looking for an old arcade cabinet to build a MAME machine out of for the kids.
Oh, BTW, now that it's done, the wife LOVES the theater. She likes to have the girls over and watch Friends on DVD. hehe.

Thanks. I had originally designed it as all "man-space" with the theater where the TV is now, an office where the playroom is now, and a bar where the mini-kitchen is. But, through the negotiations with the wife I made some compromises. I still have a decent amount of space dedicated to storage - maybe I'll reclaim some of that as finished space someday.

I really want a MAME machine, too, but after reading up on it it seemed like a hefty investment for a turnkey and too much effort (for me) to DIY. I've recently freed up a 733 Mhz Pentium machine with almost 1 GB memory.....has my wheels turning again. I'm not sure if it's enough machine, though, for a MAME application.

Jim

Re: "Reptile Rooms"

Originally posted by lburou
Somebody likes snakes :) Hognose you're not in politics are you ;)

I do breed Reptiles. But I am not into politics at all.

Thanks,
Matthew

Originally posted by turbojimmy

I really want a MAME machine, too, but after reading up on it it seemed like a hefty investment for a turnkey and too much effort (for me) to DIY. I've recently freed up a 733 Mhz Pentium machine with almost 1 GB memory.....has my wheels turning again. I'm not sure if it's enough machine, though, for a MAME application.

Jim

That is PLENTY for MAME. 900MHz is considered a hefty machine for MAME, so 733 should be fine. The key for me will be finding a suitable cabinet cheap. A friend of mine built his whole machine for $300 or so. I'm going to look at a $50 Galaga cabinet this week.

Originally posted by efi-street
I'm going to look at a $50 Galaga cabinet this week.

I wish you guys were around here. I just threw out 2 empty cabinets last week an upright Space Invaders and an upright Omega Race. I'm friends with an old game operator and he constantly throwing away old empty cabinets. I picked up Pit Fighter for my unfinished 3 player Mame cabinet as well as a Sega Converta cab for my enfinished Star Trek Mame cabinet (it's too hard finding parts for that old game but it runs nicely in mame).

Here's my VAPS entry http://www.vaps.org/members/ny/jstanco@eypae.com.html

I wish my basement was as pretty as all of yours but it's damp and only has 6'-2" from the bottom of joists to the top of slab. :(

Originally posted by TTAJay
I wish you guys were around here. I just threw out 2 empty cabinets last week an upright Space Invaders and an upright Omega Race. I'm friends with an old game operator and he constantly throwing away old empty cabinets. I picked up Pit Fighter for my unfinished 3 player Mame cabinet as well as a Sega Converta cab for my enfinished Star Trek Mame cabinet (it's too hard finding parts for that old game but it runs nicely in mame).

Here's my VAPS entry http://www.vaps.org/members/ny/jstanco@eypae.com.html

I wish my basement was as pretty as all of yours but it's damp and only has 6'-2" from the bottom of joists to the top of slab. :(

Dude, you suck! I've been searching for months and still haven't found a good cab. The $50 one is an hour away and I'm afraid that when I get there, it will be junk.

I would post some pics but this site wont let me,how are you guys doing it?. I have a 12' long bar with two beers on tap:D ,pool table,about 12 arcade games,pinball,and a 13' Skee-ball machine.Along with an area for two couches, a 60" big screen,,a cabinet for my diecast cars and a 1/2 bath. I need to finish the upper back of the bar area,finish the drywall and add some carpeting.After building the house 4 years ago,I finally installed the rail system on the stairs.One thing at a time,and trying to restore a GS, isnt helping in the funds department