What aftermarket valve covers are you running....are you happy with them?

Amelio

I am currently swapping out my stock rocker shafts with solid ones. As I am taking my stock rocker covers off I am wiping down my plug wires from the oil that always pours from the breather....such a pain!

Any way while I am here I think its time to change the covers......

I like the angled aluminum ones that say Buick with the turbo 6 logo....I have seen pics of them on here but I have not found a vendor that sells them unless I just over looked by accident.

I would like to hear who is running what and what are your likes and dislikes about them.

Those valve covers are discontinued. Theyre not made anymore at this time. Also the valve covers will not stop the oil out the breathers.
Guys are starting to.run catch cans for the oil that comes out the breathers. Quite a few threads if you do.a.search..

Tom at champion racing
Sells the valve covers u like

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Those valve covers are discontinued. Theyre not made anymore at this time. Also the valve covers will not stop the oil out the breathers.
Guys are starting to.run catch cans for the oil that comes out the breathers. Quite a few threads if you do.a.search..

I was unclear....I am not so worried about it coming from the breather itself...thats gonna happen its a by product of blow by.......my main problem is the weeping of oil coming from the cheesy seal where the breather mates to the cover itself....its just not a solid seal its too damn loose.

I have the TA Performance ones. I love them
Kind of tough to see them in this pic though

Attachments

• 67409_1641523645847_5216487_n.jpg
    67409_1641523645847_5216487_n.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 468
These you can't get anymore. I have an extra set in plain aluminum but they won't be cheap if someone wants them.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1381356725.400908.jpg

My suggestion is if you get raw aluminum ones, have them powdercoated with clear so they will stay clean and fresh looking. Wish I had done that with mine.

I have the Champion valve covers that Dan @ DLS modified with weld in breather tubes & baffles. I have never seen a drop of oil anywhere near or around the breathers the only downside is pulling the valve cover with a/c.

Attachments

• MIKE BUICK PICTURES 166.jpg
    MIKE BUICK PICTURES 166.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 419
  • MIKE BUICK PICTURES 171.jpg
    MIKE BUICK PICTURES 171.jpg
    606.4 KB · Views: 383
  • MIKE BUICK PICTURES 172.jpg
    MIKE BUICK PICTURES 172.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 388
  • MIKE BUICK PICTURES 175.jpg
    MIKE BUICK PICTURES 175.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 379
Contact Mark H at TR Custom parts. He sells really nice polished "Champion style" covers...with nice breather tubes so no oil vapors.

Those are some sweet looking engines guys!

I do like that Marks have the oil tubes welded in.....but I am not into the chrome I prefer a an aluminum cover....

Thanks for the reply's

The ones we sell are polished aluminum, not chrome! Also available in 3 different powder coated versions .

I have Mark's covers, not a hint of oil. They are GREAT. As well as Mark. Great vendor

I've got a set of the old M&A valve covers that work pretty good. (I kinda like the old school look myself).
Have got both of these plumbed using (2) -10AN adapters with -10AN push fit 90's & run into a catch can , then back into the MAF pipe (pre-turbo).

Attachments

• Buick ATR Valve Cover1.jpg
    Buick ATR Valve Cover1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 226
I have Champion valve covers that I bought from Gbodyparts already powder coated. I don't think you can get them anymore. I use metco angled breathers and an oil catch can and have no oil dripping issues.
1.jpg

DSC02285_zps781577f4.jpg