What are some of the highest boost levels achieved?

WakkoSS

I've heard high 20's, but I'm curious what it would take to hit the 30's. My TE44 seems pretty pissed off at 22, wondering how she'll like 24, if I ever squeeze it that high.

I've seen 30+ psi before on a 1st gear spike, my boost was set at 27 psi this with a TA-61 25-27psi was the sweet spot with the 61 :D

I think neil talked to someone who hit 30 or more with a 44 and alcohol. I think but I'm not sure.

i ran 27 lbs of boost on my te-44 turbo with dual nozzle alcohol injection and 100 octane unleaded with no knock...probably could have gone a lb or two higher...talk about screaming:D

I saw Dave Poppe run 34lbs. of boost at the Buck Nats in bowling green this past may. He had one of those tire pressure gages mounted under the hood that holds the highest pressuer reading that you run.
Tarey D.

Originally posted by 1of1035
I think neil talked to someone who hit 30 or more with a 44 and alcohol. I think but I'm not sure.

yeah, turbo buicks, he posted right after you, he did it with a ta-49, not a 44. jeez man, get it right ;)

-Neil

ive ran T on my 30 psi boost gauge with a te44 and it still was making more power with every pound more of boost past 26 psi-

i just wished the car had heads and cam upgrade to benifit more with the lower boost level

I know of a guy down here to is running 35+ on his setup. Don't remember quite how high he was going past that...

Originally posted by TransAm WS6 420
I know of a guy down here to is running 35+ on his setup. Don't remember quite how high he was going past that...

and who is this? i dont know anyone who is running that much down here... except Ricardo might be...

-Neil

Originally posted by TransAm WS6 420
Orlando :)

oh yeah, duh! have i met you? were you at the last successful steak n shake meet? just wondering... well, if youve been to any of the meetings, i havent missed one since i discovered the club.

-Neil

I was at the Steak-n-Shake meeting that didn't get rained out, plus I was at Towers this Friday. I don't have a TR just yet, but that will be solved as soon as the insurance company quits trying to screw me on my WS6.... :mad: I am usually running around wiht blackshoebox (Alex) and his GF (Jackie). :)

- Matt

humm, i am trying to think if i know who you are, but i dont think i do... oh well, some one new to meet at one of the next meetings right? :cool:

-Neil

Kent Rudbeck told me he has run over 50psi in 1/8 mile races, obviously his tune up is on the money as I think he has recently run a 4.7?

John Gallina, who as we all know runs Super Stock SS/DX with his 207ci GN, runs 45psi. He just recently went 7.98. 6.5 seconds into the run a intercooler clamp came loose which dropped boost from 45psi to somewhere in the 30s. According to him, that explains his low trap speed for that 7 second pass (167mph). He plans on running 7.70s at around 180mph with a full 45psi pass. Males my GN running 33psi seem like childs play.:eek: