What are the best street tires for GNs

Originally posted by Big Kahuna
I thought BF Goodrich recently stopped making the Radial T/As.

I have never heard of Nittos. I guess I need to log onto tire rack.

The BFG Radial T/As are still available. It's the BFG Comp T/As that got discontinued, I think they were replaced by a Z-Force or something like that. But if you call BFG customer service, they will give you a tracking number to give your favorite tire distributor and they should be able to use that to get the Comps for you. I called BFG and they said they have alot of Comps left.

Personally, I'm going with the Nittos.

You can't possibly own all those cars at the same time. That is crazy. You must pay more for lisence plates than most people pay for their car insurance.

Scott

Originally posted by gordyzx9r
The BFG Radial T/As are still available. It's the BFG Comp T/As that got discontinued, I think they were replaced by a Z-Force or something like that. I called BFG and they said they have alot of Comps left.

I was trying to decide between the Comp T/A's or the Radial T/A's and called BFG also, last month. They said the Comp T/A's were discontinued and there were no more at that time and recommended the Traction T/A. Today I called a local tire place and was told the Radial T/A's are going to be discontinued also, to be replaced by the Traction T/A series. Anyone try the Traction T/A tire yet? :D

David

The Dunlop GT Qualifiers and BFG Radial T/As are the best standard street tire for our cars. Nitto drag radials are what I run all the time on my car and got over a year on my last set. That's about 7k miles on a 12 second car. Nittos don't hook as well as the BFG DR's, but they last longer. Just my experience.

Nitto drag radials out back, 275/60 or 275/50, and Michelin Pilots in the 235/60/15 size up front.

Work great and handle great. :)

I second the nittos, 555r's wear good, handle good, and hook pretty well on the street. I've got caught in the rain with them and I felt really safe with them. I have had the BFGs, they hooked good but didn't last long.

Has anyone run these new Mickey Thompson ET street drag tires yet??
If so, how are they on wet/damp roads?
Are they better/same or worse than BFG DR???

TIA
Gary

Guys, Kahuna doesn't need to buy Futuras, he isn't hurting for a buck. Look around his site, just a SICK collection of Mopars and a few other very interesting rides.

Brother go with some drag radials, these cars just make too much torque for a street tire.

What happened to that pseudo Daytona? Did you put it back to 500 trim? Beautiful car either way:D

Tom