what brand mains and rod bearings for a .10 .10 crank

scot502

87 GN 49,000 MILES
doing stock rebuild on my wifes gn just checking to see what bearings you guys liked its a 87 thanks for any input.:cool:

KING bearings are tough to beat. And they're not too expensive like many on the market.

full throttle speed carries them.

Bad crank

Well it looks like I need to have crank turned or get one. Will a crank kit form Advance Auto work on a stock motor with no mods?:confused:

Well it looks like I need to have crank turned or get one. Will a crank kit form Advance Auto work on a stock motor with no mods?:confused:

Um no the cranks that came from Advance Auto are sure to be of the N/A variety...in other words no rolled fillets on the mains.......but roll the dice if you are feeling lucky....:eek:

Cut the crank and go with the recommendation on bearings that was given to you above...:cool:

bearings

doing stock rebuild on my wifes gn just checking to see what bearings you guys liked its a 87 thanks for any input.:cool:

For a stock build,we are running sealed power rod/main bearings off the shelf from autozone on carlos's 11 second car with no problems...