what causes

1BadassGN

what causes engine knock in these motors, ok what im asking is what is the most common thing to cause it?

1.Too much boost.

2.Poor fuel/not enough octane.

3.A chip with too much timing.

4.A poor tune/lean condition.

5.A dumbass who doesn't know what he is doing with the car.

what causes engine knock in these motors, ok what im asking is what is the most common thing to cause it?

Tell us more about your car, any modifications? Do you have any Buick clubs close to you that you can become involved in? They are very helpful groups of people, what part of the world are you from, maybe someone close to you can help you out.
Generally to answer your question, to much boost(like catman said), rotted vacuum line at the turbo will do it everytime.
Not enough fuel, dirty fuel filter, fuel pump on it's way out...alky tank empty.

Chuck

ok i was on i95 going south to see a friend and all of a sudden my knock sensor just started to beep beep beep faster and faster so i pulled off the road and it sounds like a tapping noise from the passanger side of the motor i turned the car off and let it cool off thinking that would help started it like 15 minutes later (remind you im sitting on the side of 95) and its still there so i like idle off the next exit then the noise goes away now on my way home i got into it like a lil more then 1/4 throttle and it started making the noise again and i pull into my driveway now the noise is gone ? wtf. its definatly like a valvetrain type noise. not pinging or anything stupid. DEFINATLY something mechanical. i think its a bad lifter?

exhaust leak, maybe? You'd be surprised how that can sound exactly like a lifter tapping.... and very common on these cars.... get a piece of fuel hose and put it up to your ear and use it like a stethescope... poke around the exhaust flanges, intake/head interface and see if you can isolate the source of the sound... will help determine if it's a mechanical tapping or just an exhaust leak....