What do GN owners listen to?

Originally posted by BOOSTD

Anyway, about Maralin Manson... Im not realy into his life style but his music ROCKS!! Cant explain it. You just have to like that style (i.e. NIN, Tool, etc.).

Ditto:)

nsync, and jessica simpson for me, its a great sight to see a big black buick rolling down the street blasting teenie bop music, then catch the plate SIX6SIX. it leaves you wondering!

:D

hahahah F that shi...... its mostly TOOL and APC, or if i am in the mood Danzig.

JDSgn u are my hero, Dope is amazing. I dont know may people who listen to them but they are a band that is still underground that is just aching to hit it big and i think they can. If u like them go to http://www.reconrecords.com they have all of their new stuff and the videos to go along with them. How can u go wrong when u leave a big label like epic to sign with recon and they say hey how about u make a music video for every song off ur new album. I personally like Burn, Motivation, and Now is the Time off of the new album.

MARILYN MANSON IS AMAZING, seeing him on saturday in Milwaukee. I dont think many bands throw down a rock show like Manson can and does. Like any major band you are always wondering how they can top their last album. Now Manson has gone through a lot of changes in every album but every album builds upon the last album and i think the new album is his masterpiece he was waitin for.

I LOVE TO SEE ALL YOU HARDCORE ROCKERS. So many people nowadays throw down to RAP and POP, NOT THIS MAN, I THROW DOWN TO A DIFFERENT DRUM BEAT. I listen to anything that is heavy, fast, loud, and gets ur blood flowing (reminds me of sex:eek: )

I first saw Static-X when they toured with Powerman 5000 and Dope and you could tell at that instant that they had a unique new sound that was going to make them a heavy metal icon for years to come. Their new album takes some listening to since Wayne Static actually sings in most of the songs but is still a cd that you can play from front to back.

How can you ever go wrong pounding White Zombie "More Human Than Human" while cruising in a GN?

Fear Factory is also a good choice. All i have to say is SHOCK.

KORN, its always hard for me to keep with a band that hits the big time but Korn just sounds so unique that u cant deny their talent and overall chemistry.

NIN, Trent Reznor is a musical genius. Rumor has it that new NIN album will be out next year.;) I am still waiting to hear Tapeworm in which Trent Reznor and Jay Maynard play together, now if that isnt musical gods playing together i dont know what is.

Rammstein, cant go wrong with a bunch of pyromaniacs putting on a rock show. who would have thought that music sung in a different language would sound soooo good.

Slipknot, all i have to say about them is Corey Taylor. I dont think i have ever heard a person scream and sing with such anger and rage in his voice, and the lyrics are outright twisted and deep. So many people say that its just guys beating on sh!t. Joey has to be one of the best drummers in the biz right now. If you like a lighter Slipknot check out Stone Sour. They put on a great show.

Disturbed is alright, they are a local band and have seen them climb the ladder and the higher the climb the more into himself the lead singer becomes.

Chevelle is another local band that grew up not 5 miles away and they seem to be taking their fame slowly like they should.

Alright i have written enough but if i had to pick one song in which i would want to be remembered playing in the GN it would have to be MARILYN MANSON - ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR (see that song live and you will understand)

Chimaira,Nothing face,Kill Switch Engage,Pantera,Slayer,Cold,
Linkin Park,Crack Jaw,Taproot,endo,Slipknot,Stoned Sour. Thats just a few. For all you metal heads out there I highly recommend the Freddy vs Jason soundtrack.

Burnout

You mean besides the sweet hum of the engine and turbo whistle??

i was gonna say that!!! oh well. actually thats all i can listen to for now cuz i dont have money for a new stereo since the one that my bro had (those of you that know my story) in there was stolen with the car (that pretty much explains the story). so i'm gettin a rebuilt sound system that sits under the hood;)

-as for music i like, i used to listen to rap but now more alternative probably. Evanescence is one of my faves, Linkin Park, Creed, stuff like that. of course i do like "Bad to the bone" since it's the GN theme song. also, i started listening to techno, it just makes me wanna get up and go drive a GN:) thats pretty much it for now.

I'll listen to anything but country. Country music makes me go insane with rage. I like the heavier stuff on the radio nowadays, not so much into the weirder stuff like Manson. Linken Park, Cold, Seven Dust, Staind, etc. plus my collection of late 80s stuff.

In reality, though, I can't really hear anything over the exhaust and turbo. The 4x10 speakers, even though they're "upgraded" totally suck. Front ones are upgraded, too, but a 4-speaker system with tiny speakers is a big handicap. I have a 200 watt Blaupunkt head but it doesn't help. One of these days I might put better speakers in it. I have some stuff laying around from the Typhoon.

Jim

Originally posted by TwoLaneBlackTop
I have grown up around music my whole life and playing music and listening to it is a big part of my life. Both of my parents are muscians and so am I.

I love so many groups I couldnt listen to them all and I love many symphonic compositions but I wont go into naming those.

So I guess if I was to make a list of 1950 or newer artist that I listen to I would have to say some of my favorites are, Well, there are many obscure blues and jazz artist I like but not many if any would know them if I started to list them as well. So of well known bands I would have to say.

Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
Pink Floyd
John Coletrane
Frank Zappa
Led Zepplin
Sound Garden (Best rock band from the 90's by far)
The Cars
Allman Brothers Band
Jimi Hendrix
Van Halen (WITH DIMOND DAVE)
Cream
Bluesbreakes
Queen
The Beatles
Guns and Roses
AC/DC
The WHO!
Junior Brown
Hank Willams
Johnny Cash
Lynard Skynard (White trash rock at it's finest)
The Doors
etc...... by this point you see where I am going.

Overall of well known groups I like classic rock groups (especially ones with great guitar players) and a few newer groups that are good. To bad there are not many good new groups. I like some country too. To bad there are almost no good country bands any more. And most any jazz or blues artist I can listen too and enjoy.

One more artist I want to mention that is great but not to many know about him. The Reverand Horton Heat. It's like rockabilly on speed! Great guitar player that leads an awsome band.

That's weird. I am also a musician and you have just named most of my favorite bands!

Reverend Horon Heat is from Dallas, and is a killer guitarist. That dude should be famous! Crazy live show also.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
That's weird. I am also a musician and you have just named most of my favorite bands!

Reverend Horon Heat is from Dallas, and is a killer guitarist. That dude should be famous! Crazy live show also.
Amen, brother....I love the Reverend! It looks like the results of this thread are really pointing in the direction I had hoped!
FEAR FACTORY!! DEMANUFACTURE!!!

Well,

Just to make Turbojimmy mad, I'll go ahead and say country music since nobody else has. :)

But I listen to a lot of different types. 6 disk changers are the best invention yet. Aside from XM radio. I like classic rock, rock, even some R&B, rap and the like. Trust me, I long for good music when I'm not in the US.

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Amen, brother....I love the Reverend! It looks like the results of this thread are really pointing in the direction I had hoped!
FEAR FACTORY!! DEMANUFACTURE!!!

I caught Brian Setzer live in Dallas a couple of years ago, and he gave The Reverend his props. High praise indeed. Setzer ain't bad either!

Originally posted by Captain Mark
I caught Brian Setzer live in Dallas a couple of years ago, and he gave The Reverend his props. High praise indeed. Setzer ain't bad either!
Setzer is very good. I loved his version of 'Sleepwalk'. My car wants to get it's opinion in on this: it actually seems to run stronger when I listen to the old Gruntruck song 'Crazy Love'...does anybody remember that one?:cool:

Or, how about Megadeth's '502'? There's a classic driving tune........'driving fast makes me feel good...speed of light trapped under my hood....breakin' laws cause there's nothin' to do....':D

I had to go with the 10-CD changer, because my tatses vary greatly. Like lots of Blues, but also thrash metal to '80's glam/hair bands, to rap, to r&b and jazz.

my two favorite fear factory songs i would say would be Smasher-Devaour and the song called 0-0 (where evil dwells)

:cool:

long live the new flesh!

-Neil

I like talk radio.......THE SAVAGE NATION of Michael Savage is the best talk show there is. The Savage Nation rules!!!

When I feel like music, its anything that is hard rock...........

TOOL IS THE GREATEST BAND THERE IS

Originally posted by gn85
Well,

Just to make Turbojimmy mad, I'll go ahead and say country music since nobody else has. :)

I dunno what it is, but it just sets me off. I'll have to have that looked at next time I'm in therapy for my road rage.

Jim

To list a few of the greats..IMO..
The Who (best rock band, ever.)
Cream (Jack Bruce)
Yes (The Fish:) )
Allman Brothers
Steely Dan
Jaco Pastorius/Weather Report (TeenTown Live in NY Vol.7
:cool: )

Buddy Rich (Absolute best drummer, ever.)
Pat Metheny

Almost anything except rap and opera. Respect both, but can't stand either. Prefer Staind and Kid Rock