what do u guys think

Buger99

registered member
My cousin was killed in a accident that was caused by a lady who was under the influence. She had cut off a big rig mobile crane that had rolled over and the double wheel axel had fell on his car and killed him. So we went to court yesterday and found out that she had got the maximum sentence which was only one year and then the judge looks at the lady and says if this should happen again then she would be charged with murder so tell me what's the difference of this time and next time

I believe murder shows intent, i doubt next time she could be charged with murder either. I believe it would be manslaughter which is an accident resulting in a death.

Did you consider suing in Civil Court? I know it won't bring back your cousin but monetary damages are nearly as painful as incarceration if not moreso...

She wasn't charged for the death. She was probably charged for the accident only. I'm sure there are many circumstances that you are not privy to and thus only see what you saw in Court.

A question to ask...

Is she a repeat offender for DUI/DWI? That could make a difference in how you proceed.

She got charged with dui and misdemeanors manslaughter and another charge I had forgot