What doesit mean to have a good tune?

the base tune on a TT chip is very good. if you set the fuel pressure where it says and start from there it's real close, cars vary. i always tune my car for the # of boost i wanna run,then go up or down on the fuel. i take a little out of 1st gear for spool up. the more timing the more knock is possible

however for those trying to maximize their combination/timeslips they will log their runs and make adjustments to the chips parameters for their specific vehicle such as timing, fuel correction, etc...

i have been researching and cant seem to find this answer. I know the scanmaster hooks up with the powerlogger to view live data/ record data

but how do u make adjustments? do u do it with the powerlogger? i thought the logger was just to record data? or is there another software that allows u access to the timing, and fuel tables to edit?

i went to TTforum, but something is wrong when i go to register it opens a ton of sites when i like the next line to fill out lol

ive been hunting and hunting and cant seem to find my answered to "how exactly do u adjust fuel and timing"

wish there were a youtube video showing how

i have been researching and cant seem to find this answer. I know the scanmaster hooks up with the powerlogger to view live data/ record data

but how do u make adjustments? do u do it with the powerlogger? i thought the logger was just to record data? or is there another software that allows u access to the timing, and fuel tables to edit?

i went to TTforum, but something is wrong when i go to register it opens a ton of sites when i like the next line to fill out lol

ive been hunting and hunting and cant seem to find my answered to "how exactly do u adjust fuel and timing"

wish there were a youtube video showing how
i just recently installed the powerlogger,so not real familiar with it yet,but i adjust my fuel and timing thru the TT chip. turn key on while watching scanmaster, bring up lv8. the chip has parameters 1 thru 4 you hit the gas 3 times and let off and the # will be 1 if you hold gas down it will move, then you scroll scanmaster to the blm and adjust those #'s up or down. for example parameter 1 is wot fuel i believe so when you adjust the blm # up is more fuel and down is less, default is 128 so a higher # is more fuel and lower# is less. you will also have a parameter for 1st and 2nd gear timing and 3rd and 4th gear timing and 1st gear fuel, i don't have the chart in front of me,so you need to look at the instructions with the chip

3rd and 4th gear timing

I only have a 3 speed tranny does the chip bypass 4th gear for me or should I have programmed into the chip that I do not have 4 gears ? It was not ask at the time I ordered my TT 5.7 chip .

i just recently installed the powerlogger,so not real familiar with it yet,but i adjust my fuel and timing thru the TT chip. turn key on while watching scanmaster, bring up lv8. the chip has parameters 1 thru 4 you hit the gas 3 times and let off and the # will be 1 if you hold gas down it will move, then you scroll scanmaster to the blm and adjust those #'s up or down. for example parameter 1 is wot fuel i believe so when you adjust the blm # up is more fuel and down is less, default is 128 so a higher # is more fuel and lower# is less. you will also have a parameter for 1st and 2nd gear timing and 3rd and 4th gear timing and 1st gear fuel, i don't have the chart in front of me,so you need to look at the instructions with the chip

holy cow... where can i learn more about this pedal pushing lol

You can also consider upgrading to a TT 6.1 chip and you can make these adjustments on a laptop versus the gas pedal, it's a lot easier....you need a power logger though, do u have one?

The pedal pushing directions are included with the TT chip.

I'm still waiting for someone to chime in on the correct process of tuning. Am I asking the wrong questions, or does no one know?

Didn't know you could do that with the tt chip and scan master. Think thats like opening up Pandora's box tho. Im going to leave good enough alone... Atleast for now

The pedal pushing directions are included with the TT chip.

I'm still waiting for someone to chime in on the correct process of tuning. Am I asking the wrong questions, or does no one know?

People know. It's adjusting the fuel, timing, and boost to get the best results without blowing your chit up (no knock). Also adjusting the suspension for the best launches. The process is adjust the fuel to get around a 10.8 AFR at WOT. Then adjust the boost or timing up a little at a time until you get a blip of knock. Then back down the timing or boost a couple notches. I say a couple because different air temps can change things and your safe tune one night might not be safe the next.

Pretty good stuff here. As far as tuning the chips, both TT chips and Bailey chips come with written instructions on how to change parameters in them through the scanmaster or powerlogger. As far as safe tuning, my two cents is this: these cars like boost more than timing. Verify your timing and run a nominal amount so the car at least runs well but don't get carried away with the number. The more boost you can cram in without knock is better for making power. That's my experience running an alky tune at least. I believe adding timing becomes more important on a race gas tune, but as a reference to Nick's post of matching things, the tune needs to match the fuel used too. And most importantly, my car didn't run my number right away; there was a learning curve for the tune through the chip, for the mechanical synergy of the parts, and for myself as a driver. All three need to be in order to run well or a lot at the track. And that journey is the best part of owning these cars.