~~~what ever happen to ATR?~~~

I knew Phil and Shirley personally. When they moved the business from California to South Carolina they moved it to within 30 minutes of where I lived at the time. I found myself wandering down there just to chat and hang out back then.

I was into turbo Buicks and had purchased a 39k mile Turbo Trans Am. Well, one day Phil approached me and asked me if he could keep my car for about a month. I said, "Well, that depends why you want it, Phil." He told me he wanted to develop a 3 inch stainless downpipe and 3 inch stainless exhaust, muffler, etc... for the TTA cars. If I let him have the car for the development of the product, everything he did to it I would get for free. Well, that was a deal I couldn't pass up.

So, in the end my car was used to develop ATR's turbo inlet pipe, downpipe, exhaust and muffler for the TTA. In fact, if you have an ATR brochure go to the TTA section and you'll see pictures of my car with a North Carolina plate that was something like FPE 2829 or something close to that:biggrin:

Those were fun times!

if you have an ATR brochure go to the TTA section and you'll see pictures of my car with a North Carolina plate that was something like FPE 2829 or something close to that:biggrin:
Those were fun times!
You mean this one?!

Attachments

• TTA adsm.jpg
    TTA adsm.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 158
I also have the Buick Turbo Racers Club of America, GSXtra and Turbo World News. Also a bunch of Kenne Bell stuff.

How many issues do you have there? I have Volumes 1-30. Were there any more?

I have 30 of them. I dont have every single one from each month. I aquired the early ones from before 1992 from a friend who owned a GN. I got my first T-Type in '92.

You mean this one?!

Sweet! That's it! I've still got one of those brochures laying around somewhere myself. Need to go find it now:D

I found that license plate on the shelf in my garage. Here it is with me holding the case of "Band Of Brothers" given to me by my wife this Christmas... just to prove I just took the photo:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_1725.jpg
    IMG_1725.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 143
I have 30 of them. I dont have every single one from each month. I aquired the early ones from before 1992 from a friend who owned a GN. I got my first T-Type in '92.

They came out bi-monthly. I think there may have only been 30 issues.