What External Gate??

Buickwh1

What do you guys use?? Tial, HKS, Turbonetics(Racegate, Delta, evolution) Innovative(Pro, indy, mini)
I am thinking of using Innovatives Minigate.
Your thoughts, comments....ect
Thanks

I dont like unpredictable boost at 28psi. Creep for one or a sticky popet vavle or High egt's causeing my popet vavle to stick....ect

If you are looking for an external gate, the best one out there is the HKS GT gate. There are many people running them with great success. Norbs runs one. The only problem that he had was the spring was not strong enough to hold the gate closed from all of the backpressure in the exhaust. It is now fixed.

I sell the GT gate for $525. You can get a number of different rates, but it looks like you want the heavy (24.2 psi - 29.9 psi) spring. The only down side to getting the heavy spring is that you will not be able to turn the boost down to less than 24 psig.

Let me know if you want one!!:)

external gates tend to add as many problems as they solve but it is your money

I know of at least one 9 sec car (local) using the stocker and I don't know of any other fast cars (locally) using external gates...

Externals do make a lot of problems, i've seen many very very fast strong stock ones.

I dont know how you get 28 psi creeps.. mine creeps maybe 1-2 psi

car i just bought has two delta gates, 10.43@129 mph. used to be DEL's car. i'll see how they work out, i've personally always ran terry houstons down pipes with no problems up to 30 psi.

i run a Racegate off my pass side header with a sealed port on the exhaust housing of my turbo.

nothing wrong, and no creep.

(turbonetics incar boost controller also)

Racegate with an Innovative Boost controller.

The days of turning the rod is over. I just enter my boost number and I'm done with it. I just had my Racegate right before the turbo flange and plumbed the exhaust back into downpipe.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

The original poster has a BSTC controller, should work fine for adjustable in car boost control with his setup.

Not sure why he needs to change.

:confused: