What fuel pump for 120lb injectors?

89mulletbird

I have a Walbro 340 now but want to upgrade to 120lb injectors for E85, I know this pump and lines won't support it. What's the next step to take?

I have a Walbro 340 now but want to upgrade to 120lb injectors for E85, I know this pump and lines won't support it. What's the next step to take?

if its the same car that's in your sig ... you better fix the issues you have before you put E85 in.. with those parts you should have gone a hell of a lot faster than 95 in the 1/8

turbo89, I appreciate any advice given, but I don't really understand what issues you are referring to. This is on 91 octane + alky. I've done a few dozen trips down the 1/8th with this combo, adding in more boost and timing, adding fuel on the top end to reduce knock, watching my wideband, etc. What else can I do besides strap a rocket to the roof?

if its the same car that's in your sig ... you better fix the issues you have before you put E85 in.. with those parts you should have gone a hell of a lot faster than 95 in the 1/8
Please explain.
His sig shows he doesnt have enough turbo to go "A hell of a lot faster."

Please explain.
His sig shows he doesnt have enough turbo to go "A hell of a lot faster."

Are you even kiddin me .. he has a 6152. that turbo can go WAY FASTER than 95 in the 1/8

Are you saying that a 600+ hp turbo is only capable of 115-120 mph in the 1/4 .. GEEZ maybe with SHIT tuning yea

what he has in his sig.. that better run 10.80 @ 125 ish all day.. otherwise he should find another tuner

Are you even kiddin me .. he has a 6152. that turbo can go WAY FASTER than 95 in the 1/8

Are you saying that a 600+ hp turbo is only capable of 115-120 mph in the 1/4 .. GEEZ maybe with SHIT tuning yea

what he has in his sig.. that better run 10.80 @ 125 ish all day.. otherwise he should find another tuner
Turbo89 you definitely have a way with words. People would respond much better to your comments if you didn't basically tell them they suck when you give your explanations. I've seen you do it all over these boards. Anyway. With a 6152 I agree that you should be able to get a faster time with it. With my car on a stock motor I was able to run an 11.5 @ 119, and that was around 23-24 psi. My converter was too tight, and I had trouble spooling it under 3000 rpm. Was too big for my combo, and wasn't very fun to drive on the street. Since then I've converted to e85, and downsized to a 5858, and first time at the track I got an 11.2@117.

I'm running a double pumper and 120's on stock drilled out lines. So far at around 60% d.c. on the injectors the stock lines seem ok. I can run both pumps at idle, and get the fuel pressure under 35 psi.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Who said he was maxed out? Boost level? 60ft? He just wants to swap to E85....

Under your logic, he hasnt hit the potential of his combo "600HP", so he should not run E85.... And he's a crap tuner, so get someone else to tune his car.

Classic advise since 2002.... Nothings changed.:meh: Got some 80lb injectors to sell him too?:whistle:

I wasn't maxed out with what I had either. I still think switching to e85 was the best choice I've made for my car so far. Would make the switch again in a heart beat. If you want to build a double Pumper I can help you. With the wiring harness, and all of the parts I think it cost under $600. A DW pump probably would have been fine for the time I've run so far. The stock lines can take you pretty far, but I have had some turbulence on the fuel pressure log. I'm thinking it's my regulator though.

As far as 120lbs injectors I'm just running a 5.7 TT chip. Car occasionally has a tip in stumble, which I tried clearing up with a fp change but didn't help. Eric said he can adjust the chip, but I have access to a SD chip I think I'm going to try. 80's will work, but if you already have to buy injectors I don't see any reason not to go bigger. 95's or 120's. These do require an ecm mod, but not a big deal.

I didn't even see a twinge of kr on e85 until I was over 27 psi, and the was .2 degrees early in 3rd gear. Stuff is awesome!

Turbo89 you definitely have a way with words. People would respond much better to your comments if you didn't basically tell them they suck when you give your explanations. I've seen you do it all over these boards. Anyway. With a 6152 I agree that you should be able to get a faster time with it. With my car on a stock motor I was able to run an 11.5 @ 119, and that was around 23-24 psi. My converter was too tight, and I had trouble spooling it under 3000 rpm. Was too big for my combo, and wasn't very fun to drive on the street. Since then I've converted to e85, and downsized to a 5858, and first time at the track I got an 11.2@117.

Why waste time and sugar coat things ... I call it like it is .. you may not like it .. but truth sometimes hurts ... get over it and move on ...
I told him spot on that something isn't right with the setup if that's all he is running and to address what he has before running E85 and trying to turn better numbers

and perhaps your right .. maybe I am a bit harsh on some reply's but after 20 years of seeing people "SLOW" these cars down eventually you get worn down.

Everyone wants to put all the parts on the cars .. and guess what they usually go slower.... If you haven't tripped low 120's on a stock unopened motor with just bolt ons you aren't doing the car justice...

Who said he was maxed out? Boost level? 60ft? He just wants to swap to E85....

Under your logic, he hasnt hit the potential of his combo "600HP", so he should not run E85.... And he's a crap tuner, so get someone else to tune his car.

Classic advise since 2002.... Nothings changed.:meh: Got some 80lb injectors to sell him too?:whistle:

Don't you have some more parts to bolt on ? yes classic advice since 2002 ... "QUIT BOLTING ON PARTS and LEARN TO TUNE"

We replaced all the fuel lines and modified the fuel rails for e-85 on a 10 sec. TTA.

Also, here is the billet, custom double pumper we fabricated and installed:

TTA FUEL PUMP.JPG

The 6152 is rated to 630 flywheel HP. With 20% drivetrain loss, this goes down to about 500RWHP (I dynod 518HP) According to a MPH calculator:

Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 3800 pounds and HP of 500 is 11.45seconds and MPH of 116.99 MPH.

I was running 91 octane + alky with about 22lbs of boost and about +3 timing on Erics 5.6 alky chip. I think his base timing is 23/21. My AF ratio was running about 11:1 at the top end. I was increasing boost and timing on each run until I would start to see bit of knock, this was as far as I could get.

There is no way humanly possible my car will run 105MP in the 1/8th I simply can't run anymore boost or timing than this on 91 octane fuel! This is why I want to upgrade to E85 + 120# injectors, so I can fill at the pump, have plenty of safety margin, and don't have to go buy $10/gal fuel and drain the tank to go racing.

turbo89, I appreciate any advice given, but I don't really understand what issues you are referring to. This is on 91 octane + alky. I've done a few dozen trips down the 1/8th with this combo, adding in more boost and timing, adding fuel on the top end to reduce knock, watching my wideband, etc. What else can I do besides strap a rocket to the roof?

Something is stopping that car from trapping ... adding in more fuel to reduce knock ? .. how much knock ? why is it knocking at all.. where is it knocking ? adding in fuel ? or adding in more alky ? what happened to the mph when you added timing ? what happened to the mph when you added fuel / alky ?

dyno numbers are 1 thing .. track mph is another

The 6152 is rated to 630 flywheel HP. With 20% drivetrain loss, this goes down to about 500RWHP (I dynod 518HP) According to a MPH calculator:

Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 3800 pounds and HP of 500 is 11.45seconds and MPH of 116.99 MPH.

I was running 91 octane + alky with about 22lbs of boost and about +3 timing on Erics 5.6 alky chip. I think his base timing is 23/21. My AF ratio was running about 11:1 at the top end. I was increasing boost and timing on each run until I would start to see bit of knock, this was as far as I could get.

There is no way humanly possible my car will run 105MP in the 1/8th I simply can't run anymore boost or timing than this on 91 octane fuel! This is why I want to upgrade to E85 + 120# injectors, so I can fill at the pump, have plenty of safety margin, and don't have to go buy $10/gal fuel and drain the tank to go racing.

Sorry I'm just trying to understand what your saying ... your saying the car can not go any faster than what you've already run because the setup is "MAXED" out ...

but you mentioned knock and controlling it ..you list the AFR .. but what happened when you added / took out fuel ?

is the power getting chewed up through the convertor .. point is .. it should go faster than it is ..