What happened to www.89tta.com ?

Well..I got an email from the owner of 89TTA.com regarding the website and here is his reply
Thanks for contact me regarding 89tta.com. I am planning to someday reactivate the site, however if you have a specific proposal in mind I'm willing to listen.

Best regards,
Russell Salerno
thats funny,I got an old rusty tin can in the back alley if you :eek: :rolleyes: want to buy it ..

Got another email from the owner of the site 89tta.com and this is what he wants for all the information,

$5,000 which includes rights to the domain name, rights to all content and rights to TTA VIN number database.

for that money, I think that we should do our own site.

Got another email from the owner of the site 89tta.com and this is what he wants for all the information,

$5,000 which includes rights to the domain name, rights to all content and rights to TTA VIN number database.

for that money, I think that we should do our own site.

Do disrespect and I appreciated the site but he has chosen to let it go do to lack of interest but to ask $5000 he is nut's...he doesn't have copyrights to the information. So yeah don't load his site but the info is certainly public information and should be free to post by whoever so chooses. I say the guys at Turbo Trans Am should just add a new section to their site to incorporate the info properly and be done with it.

just my .02

-Scott

Scott hit the nail on the head! 5K wow! And I was thinking I was being a nice guy to offer him 100 bucks or something just for time and efforts! lol Either way.. Chris and I over at turbotransam.com are ready for whatever you guys want to do. e-mail him or I and we'll make something happen that everyone likes!

Got it! My webmaster is working on it right now. Looks like were missing some files but they can be found I'm sure :D

Got it! My webmaster is working on it right now. Looks like were missing some files but they can be found I'm sure :D

Jim,

Let me know what you are missing...I have most of the site printed out (very clean copies) that can be scanned and put into .pdf files and sent to you. you can use them or copy the info.

Scott

Well a pic of the heads are missing so shoot me a good scan/pic of them... We have the site up already thanks to smiley but we are tweaking it. Once we are done cleaning it up and making sure all the links are good I'll post the link so you guys can go over it and make sure the rest is correct and if we need to add or take anything away we'll handle all that as well. :cool:

Yeah, I think that we should email that guy Russell from 89tta.com the new site. Jim let us know the new link to the site.

Lotta broken stuff on that site! Trying to fix it all. It's more of a mess then I thought! Still chipping away at it. Anyone have the pas_logo_bw.gif logo? Or the picture of the heads? ttaheads_002.gif We'll tweak it enough so it's different but much better then it was. Jared has some new updates for the site he wrote up as well. Between all of us we'll make it the best info site around on the TTA's and it will be here forever! :cool: Ok back to my webmaster who is calling me every bad name in the book for dumping this site on him! lol

Well boys you wanted it here it is! 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am If the original domain expires I'll nab that too! :) We did some updates to it. Fixed links, added some, and took some away.

I need you guys to go over it and let me know what you think needs to be changed and or updated. Anything you have to add. What you like and don't like. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll work on it.

My good friend Joe over at turbobuicks.net did most of the work on this and he's the webmaster who does this stuff for a living and has to deal with me breaking stuff when he's trying to fix it! lol So thanks to him this is up and going so fast. He's hosting and doing all this for free as he's a turbo Buick owner as well! Just in case you guys would like to donate something to Joe toward the cause of keeping all this up and going for free you can do that here.. Home and you'll see a little Paypal donate button on the top left. Thanks and enjoy! :smile:

Yea I found the PAS logo and cleaned up some more stuff. Keep looking on there and let me know what else needs work. If you guys have anything to add fire away. Make sure you give me all your information so I can give you a plug!

Jim,

I have the head pic from the site...I'll try and get it to you tomorrow. Also you might want to fix the very bottom of the
"Tech" section... Got a Turbo TA Tip? Send it to rsalerno@li.net ;)

Lookin' good!

Thanks a ton,
Scott

Well boys you wanted it here it is! 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am If the original domain expires I'll nab that too! :) We did some updates to it. Fixed links, added some, and took some away.

I need you guys to go over it and let me know what you think needs to be changed and or updated. Anything you have to add. What you like and don't like. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll work on it.

My good friend Joe over at turbobuicks.net did most of the work on this and he's the webmaster who does this stuff for a living and has to deal with me breaking stuff when he's trying to fix it! lol So thanks to him this is up and going so fast. He's hosting and doing all this for free as he's a turbo Buick owner as well! Just in case you guys would like to donate something to Joe toward the cause of keeping all this up and going for free you can do that here.. Home and you'll see a little Paypal donate button on the top left. Thanks and enjoy! :smile:

You guys are miracle workers! Good show! :)

Thanks guys! I have the link fixed Scott :D Were not done yet! I'd like to link it to TTA.com and visa versa. Any other input don't be shy! I know a pretty good amount on these cars but I don't know it all that's for sure! :)

I do credit you guys for the enthusiasm, but where is the originality?

Looks like you plastered Russ's work on another domain.

I do credit you guys for the enthusiasm, but where is the originality?

Looks like you plastered Russ's work on another domain.

that was just to get it up quickly so people can have access to it now. More information will be added and I'm sure the design of the page will be changed gradually. Would you rather have it up so you can reference it now or wait a good 6 months until people have the time to reformat everything and add more information? There's a lot of stuff in store for the site.