what happened with the repro gn wheels??????

johnski

About 3 or 4 months ago I saw someone posted that an aftermarket company was considering reproducing gn wheels. Anyone know what the verdict was? I know there was alot of people who said they would buy them if it ever was a go. I was considering a set of welds for my GN but if this company reproduces gn wheels in aluminum I would for sure go with those just to be less noticable,save alot of weight and be stealthy in general.;)

If that company did take on that project, do you think that they could vary rim width and backspace?

Do a search on Car Motorsports out of Atlanta. I'm sure Alan is giving thought into this project. He sometimes runs his thoughts and ideas by me as a sounding board and the repro GN wheel concept I felt would be a win-win situation especially if they are identical in appearance to the stocker. Lighter aluminum weight equals less rotating mass! How about it Alan?:cool:

PLEASE MAKE THESE!!! I would buy a set of them wheels in a heart beat!! If anyone hears anything new, keep us posted!!

Scott

I think the problem is that the wheels would end up costing $1000 each. Just look at the average price of a billet alluminum wheel, and then add in GM licensing.

Hey to Evans

Originally posted by Evans Ward
Do a search on Car Motorsports out of Atlanta. I'm sure Alan is giving thought into this project. He sometimes runs his thoughts and ideas by me as a sounding board and the repro GN wheel concept I felt would be a win-win situation especially if they are identical in appearance to the stocker. Lighter aluminum weight equals less rotating mass! How about it Alan?:cool:

Evans,

Finally back on the board after an extended absence. I'm so busy its hard to find time to come and browse.

Right now, I am waiting on GM to advise me of the status of the wheel molds and what company they used to have them made. This is the ONLY way to make them at a price that is affordable. The mold costs for such an item are tremendous. Unfortunately, the administrative process to get info is quite slow........and its time to send them a tickler to remind them I'm waiting.

Alan

jsta i also posted that a few months back, luckily this time @ the nats i had seen these wheels, (well what looks exactly like these wheels) and they didnt look like GN ones :(

If people on the board keep bashing Alan as much as they have been, I'd be suprised if he would want to help the turbo community anymore. I don't think the board and it's opinions represents TR enthusiasts well though.