What I have learned about the 1987 GN I purchased for the MRS

maxie

As I stated in the NEWBIE introduction that I know little about these cars and that she has always wanted one. We took it to a cruise in a few weekends before and learned quite a bit from two guys that had GN's

It has:

Kenne Bell adjustable regulator
Kenne Bell air dam on the front left
212 Hydrualic Roller cam shaft
Ported Iron heads
3800 stall converter
Front mount intercooler
66mm turbo
ATR Headers
Edge 60 injectors
200 r4
auburn posi unit with 3.42 gears
The guy I bought it from was saying something about it having a 4.1 crankshaft in it.
T&D Roller Rockers
Walboro??? fuel pump

I will post a picture of the RPO sticker when I get time. Someone made a comment about it being a hardtop and having an "opera" dome light.

Anyways, I am trying to make sure it is as user friendly as possible for her to drive around and she has been.

I know very little about these, I am a old school pre 1972 Mopar guy. So this is a big learning curve for me working on a computerized Buick.

Attachments

• Kims Hot Rod.jpg
    Kims Hot Rod.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 154
Hey Maxie and welcome to the Turbo Buick world , This is a great site and full of knowledge . Looking at the upgrades you have its probably a mid 11 sec car or possibly faster and wow she sure is a pretty car . Welcome Keith

I have learned quit a bit on this website. I have been researching fuel pressure and it appears to be 6 million post about it. I enjoy that there appears to be little drama on this page and Gn people want to help other Gn people.

A
200 r4

The guy I bought it from was saying something about it having a 4.1 crankshaft in it.
All turbo regals came from the factory with a 200-4r
The 4.1L crank is the same rolled fillet crank the turbo 3.8L uses
I will post a picture of the RPO sticker when I get time. Someone made a comment about it being a hardtop and having an "opera" dome light.
I'd like to see pix of that

Anyways, I am trying to make sure it is as user friendly as possible for her to drive around and she has been.

I know very little about these, I am a old school pre 1972 Mopar guy. So this is a big learning curve for me working on a computerized Buick.
It is pretty easy to drive one but they can get away from the uninitiated when the boost comes up and the tires break loose.
I hope she is enjoying it.

I hope you are (she is) running good fuel, watching your boost levels and have some type of scan tool. If not then you'll be learning a lot more doing a head gasket change. Nice looking car congrats.