what is it with people???

wistleofdeath

the noise in Illinois.
I was in class the other day and we all started about fast cars. So i told them about my GN and the number it runs and what i have done to it. Man it just made me shake my head when I heard what they had to say. Things such as "Thats is thats all that thing can do." "Well my mustang runs alot faster than that bone stock." (kid has never been to the track.:rolleyes: .) Then one of the semi-smart kids asked about the GN's because he did'nt know much about them and I told him about the advatages of the GN (cheap power,good gas mileage,cheap insurance ect.ect.) and aftter all that one said that he would rather have a montie just because it has a v-8. My car is now kown as the montie wanna be:mad: :mad: .

just wanted to share this and show you how stupid people are:rolleyes:

you should linhe up some races for $$$ with these clowns their ignorance could be your payday . :p

Sounds like your learning at relatively early age that the world is full of idiots. You can't always talk sense in to folks, and you can't let that get you down. Stick to your guns (not literally, in school anyway), and let the morons be morons.

Stay safe and smarter than the rest.

I say call 'em out to the track! I find the best way to humiliate one of these idiots is to play nice guy and talk them into joining you at the strip. Line up with them and laugh your ass off as you see them in your rearview mirror. Then take a pic of your car and his with the numbers on them so you can prove who's who when you take your timeslip to school.

You can always tell them to put their money where their mouth is, but they'll most likely get scared and back down to a race.

I say let them live in their little fantasy world for now, catch em on the street, and give them a real education. Then you will see just how good they are are creative writing. Writing about how they would of had you if they had ???????????????????????? Would be a nice subject just to see how good their excuses were. Mark

Nice MONTE, Whistleofdeath!!!

just kiddin. If i had a dollar for everytime i heard, that i'd have a new cottons front mount on the way.

When I was in staging lanes waiting at track I had this Ricer guy
behind me. We all were bored waiting so we all got out & started talking.

He was from denver & said his Mitsubishi sedan ran 16's in Denver. Said he was going to run 15's at NED because it is 90
feet above sea level. :rolleyes:

He mentioned that I have the Grand national that was turboed.
I did not say anything.. He said the turbo ones are better than the v-8 ones :rolleyes:

I walked over to his car & looked at it.. He had all the seats out
& the big wing was off just the 2 braces on trunk. Then he had this gawd awful front air dam that was HUGE!

I got to see him run cause they closed the lane after me.
He ran a 16.8 :eek: Guess the sea level did jack for him :p

When I hear the my car is this fast bit, I ask at what track did you run that time. Typical answer -- I have not been to the track. I answer that with then you don't know what it runs.

Seems like lots of kids have 10 second cars - until they get to the track!!!

Another good one is: Wow, that is fast, faster than I run, you want to try my car out?

When totally outraged: Look here chumps, my car is right here, right now, if you are so fast then put your motor where your mouth is, I'm ready to go right now.

Originally posted by Blown&Injected
When I hear the my car is this fast bit, I ask at what track did you run that time. Typical answer -- I have not been to the track. I answer that with then you don't know what it runs.

Seems like lots of kids have 10 second cars - until they get to the track!!!

Another good one is: Wow, that is fast, faster than I run, you want to try my car out?

When totally outraged: Look here chumps, my car is right here, right now, if you are so fast then put your motor where your mouth is, I'm ready to go right now.

Amen brother Blown....

That didn't sound so good.

well just an update. After class I met the 5.0 kid at a stop light right after class. light turned green and we went off i killed him:eek: . After the so called race we pulled into wal-mart and he said that the reason I won was because he only had 89 octane gas in the car and it is faster with 93:rolleyes: He still thinks he can take me

What a doof the 5.0 kid is....:rolleyes:

If his 5.0 is such a beast why is he feeding it 89?

He is just a liar.

I hear that with new Mustangs you not only get an owners manual but also a book of excuses why you lost to a 16 year old family sedan.:eek: