What is the best turbo?

terrible-T said:
Well,the results of all of this messing around in the turbo car I call GOLDMEMBERis the best of 14 passes 14.85 @96MPH. :) As a note it made 5- 14.88 and the rest were in the 15's.
The runs were @ 14-16 lbs boost, shift point@5000RPM
60 ft. 2.50 were bad because of stock torque converter (couldn't build boost at launch) :rolleyes:
3100 lb. car
3.73 rear end ratio
I am verry happy with my results to this point!!! :wink:
Possable change:3.08 gears
2500 stall converter(in existing TH350)
200R4 (for fuell mileage) :D

The day Eggs got these numbers I was racing him in my 99 Regal GS. I was blowing him off the line and sure enough by the time I got to the 1000 foot, he was going by. That sure was a fun day. I got 15 passes and I think Eggs got 14.

terrible-T said:
I was doing a 40 yard burnout @ 4100 RPM, 15 lb boost when There was a small pop, followed by a HUGE,HUGE cloud of smoke from the tail pipes(oil in the system)Apon examination,The impeller was bucked against the housing causing it not to rotate.( this is where I think it let some oil to blow buy the bushing and some to drain back as normal.)The engine ran and made no audable noise,just lots and LOTS of smoke!!! :eek:
I'm going to try another turbo in a fiew days time.
who makes a better turbo for these motors?

this happen to me once too......the pop and the smoke...i was reving a lil to hard i guess the it just did that.....what is this and why????...show i check anything?

Some new found Power by switching to a 2500 stall converter.It got me some 1.95 60 ft times and a 13.50 at 99.3mph.Now I am happy with this GOLDMEMBER car:smile: .I attached some pix.

Attachments

• bad at PRP.jpg
    bad at PRP.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Bad buick at PRP.jpg
    Bad buick at PRP.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 202
Nice Ride man !!!

Congrats on the new ET !!!

I hope mine can break into the 13's when I get it to the track...

Wow, it must be the new paint, straight doors, and those windows that did the trick! Its amazing what a great restoration you've done and 13's to boot!:D

terrible-T what mods do you have? Ported heads,cam..??

Awesome car btw
Thanks.I ported the heads and blocked off the exhaust crossover with aluminum.Assembled with st.springs and 3 angle valve job.HEAD STUDS were used to reassemble.The other mod was a 1971 -800CFM Q-Jet carbuetor using 73 main jets,48C rods on the primary.
K-hanger with CT rods on the secondary.I also drill the dash pot to .022(this helps the "bog" from happning)These engines really respond well to a good carburetor.The last mod is a homemade 2 1/2" downpipe.:wink: GET AIR IN FAST, GET AIR OUT FAST:smile: