what is the going price for 87 gn stage car

aze12677

what is the going price for 87 gn stage car its got a 70 turbo th400 trans FAST xfi
its got 700rwhp i was told going to get dyno sheet i am thinking about buying it

get a time slip to .. hard to say what it's worth.. how nice is the car it self ?? oh what its worth and what ya get in $$$$ is up to the buyer and seller :p

sounds like a deal ... I like to see racing #s though.. not the woulda, coulda, shoulda's :p

Also remember hurt and repaired parts that you cant see in the motor:mad: Junk parts can go fast its just for how long:eek:

I would think $18-20k depending on paint and overall condition. Mint ones with top of the line parts I would say go for $22-28k in todays market. Of course they could go for more then $28k or less then $18k. Depends how motivated the buyer or seller is.

IMO the Stage II street cars fetch more money. Not because they have more expensive parts (Some will) but because the demand for them is higher.

Race cars require a local track as well as a truck and trailer to get them there. Nice Stage II street cars only require a garage for the most part...:rolleyes:

What are you gonna be using it for is the question? You would have to list more parts for anyone to give you a real world estimate.

If you are looking for a stage car it sounds like a great deal. Its a niche market and trying to sell one could be a problem at times. Just because one guy got 25k doesnt mean you will anytime soon even if your car is nicer. It could take months or years to get anything near what you think it might be worth. It takes the right buyer at the right time. The buyer is at a great advantage in that situation. Flash him some cah and a lower offer than he may even expect. He may take it.

Flash him some cash and a lower offer than he may even expect. He may take it.

Yes, this is true and for me has always worked out good :biggrin:. Don't know how deep your pockets are but in the past I've gotten as high as $7K off of a deal when he was expecting more.

There's something about flashing a pot of cash at someone that mesmorizes their minds and makes one think twice about the deal. No hassling with checks, money orders, certificates and what not :rolleyes:.

Like Bison said, throw dollars at him and you'll probably come out on top.

Good Luck

flip

Stage II car

This is not a G/N but its a stage II car what think its worth? ture street car or track car and drive it there.

Attachments

• dads%20car%20pics_019.jpg
    dads%20car%20pics_019.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 341
  • dads%20car%20pics_022.jpg
    dads%20car%20pics_022.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 336
  • dads%20car%20pics_024.jpg
    dads%20car%20pics_024.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 354
Looks like a pretty mild stage car. No cage, 3 inch downpipe, stock ECM based, missing heater and A/C. On that car I would expect the heater and A/C to go back on it and run low 10's or high 9's all the time and be able to drive it daily without it being a beating. As long as the rest of the motor is good-nice crank, nice rods, etc it could be worth the 15K. I have seen many a stage car just cobbled together and worth little more than a stock t type with a stage motor in the trunk. I would consider my old car to be one of the nicer (and proven) combos out there and it sold for $28K back when the economy was better. two other local friends with top notch cars sold theirs about the same time for the same money. I wouldn't expect to find a legitimate stage car for under 15K, so if this car looks like a keeper to you go for it. As any stage owner will tell you, the purchase price is just the beginning!

a sleeper to the max it will be much better sellable if the A/C and heater are intact, BTW do you have any track numbers? thanks

I thought the pics of the car displayed was the car you were looking at possibly buying? I guess not....:rolleyes: Hijacking for sure.

Why don't you post some pics of the car ur looken at and all the parts in comes with.

price on car

Sorry for the highjack on this thread if you were bying a stage II car what would you pay for a car that looks like that one.. our the G N you were looking at. Take some pics and post them of the car and get some input.