what is this ?

williamsGN

'Horse sneeze' addict
My friend is getting this car for free, supposedly complete... year & make ? dean.jpg

Looks like a '65 Plymouth Fury III.

That shortblock in there's a poly 318 or a 383. Most likely the first one, but would be an even better score if the second!

Crud, ya beat me!

Look at the taillights for the SAE"__" date to be sure of which year it is.

looks like a '65 plymouth fury iii.

That shortblock in there's a poly 318 or a 383. Most likely the first one, but would be an even better score if the second!

Crud, ya beat me!

Look at the taillights for the sae"__" date to be sure of which year it is.
im saying 66 cause of the crome on the vinyl top .i dont think 65 had it but ive been wrong before .. Wont be the first wont be the last ..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plym...9957556?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a9b40ab4

he found a "p" symbol... i thought polaris at first buy Plymouth fury fits too

California 65-66 fury body? What's he want for it? Dad rotisserie restored one of those cars (convertible), has another one that's a wagon for a cruiser. And 10+ parts cars, can't have too many. He damn sure better not sell it for scrap! They are not rare cars but have a faithful few who love them and need parts, since they make almost NOTHING for them in reproduction.

Get me the VIN out of the door jamb and i'll tell you if it's a big block car. Also: distributor in the front=big block. "commando V8" on the fender=big block, number call out on hood ornament=big block. that car could be a slant 6, 318 LA, 318 poly, 383, or 426 non hemi "wedge". 383 is ok simply because it makes a better big block a drop in, 426 is RARE. although i'd still ditch it for a 440. :) 4 speed is also very rare. buckets and console are a bonus.....

Get me the VIN out of the door jamb and i'll tell you if it's a big block car. Also: distributor in the front=big block. "commando V8" on the fender=big block, number call out on hood ornament=big block. that car could be a slant 6, 318 LA, 318 poly, 383, or 426 non hemi "wedge". 383 is ok simply because it makes a better big block a drop in, 426 is RARE. although i'd still ditch it for a 440. :) 4 speed is also very rare. buckets and console are a bonus.....

....you need to get out more, Bob....

....you need to get out more, Bob....

I learned everything I know about cars from Steve Magnante and Mike Joy on Barret Jackson, they are never wrong. ;);)

Seriously though, when you grow up staring at nothing but 65 and 66 plymouth furies (furys?), you can't possibly forget it all. I've tried. Dad is "into them" you could say. His high school "first car", you know the deal. His brother is into 67-68 furies. I don't know how many he has, but he has more than what dad has in 65-66 variety. By a long shot. Always room for more though.