what kind of boost gauge?

Go with the mech. they are much cheaper!

You can look on the gnttype.org website for all the instructions on how to hook one up!

Get one that shows vacuum as well as boost so you can see any air/vacuum leaks at idle.

I'm using an Autometer 2 1/16" Sport Comp 30/30 in my car. Just T- off the factory boost gauge line from the vacuum block. I tapped the hot wire for the light into the light for the radio and just grounded it under the dash. Piece of cake install.
You can get everything from Summit or Jegs.
S.

Use a mechanical.

I just installed a vdo boost gauge from poston. It is machnicl and was simple to install. It took me about 15 miniuts. You can alson order this exact gauge from kirbans site. for the same price of $48.88 believe. It includes everything you need to hook it up specifically to a grand national/turbo regal. I highly reccomend going with this for ease of installation and accuracy.

Autometer Ultra-lite. One nice looking gauge :) . Too bad mine is still in the box waiting to be installed :mad: Finals are now over :D :D so i can finally get to work on my GN. 7 exams in 11 days is enough to kill you!!

Originally posted by Snorman
IMO, the VDO's don't have the "coolness factor" of a nice Autometer.
S.

i second that notion. i couldnt wait to rip out those boring looking VDO's in my car and put my Phantoms in. definitely "cooler" looking in my triple pod holder. even the old black face AM gauges dont seem to cut it anymore with all the white and silver faced gauges. i was even considering the carbon fiber gauges, and then going with all carbon fiber inlays for the dash and console, but the carbon gauges look like they may be difficult to read, and i dont like the silver pointer on them, they shouldve stuck with the red pointer on them.

I got the SPA dual gauge which has a recall on both the boost & the EGT.
I also have a Cyberdyne digital dash, which I understand is no longer available. I like the idea of the GNX units also.