• rap

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • or outher (please specifie below)

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the kidz that like Trance/Techno/House, check out www.di.fm

That is a super cool streaming audio site. I lissen to it everyday. ERIC.:D

I am a guitarist also. I like anything with HOT guitar playing in it. I'll even listen to country if it has some hot licks in it. Mostly Satriani, Vai, Eric Johnson.....stuff like that.

try paxahau.com it's streaming audio from detroit. it's archive is like the last 3 or 4 years from all major detroit clubs.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
I am a guitarist also.

what kinda set up do you have?

i have my moms hippy ascoustic from the 60's, a slammer by hamer that i heavily customized, sounds really sweet. a Epiphone SG and a Gibson SG Gothic...

for an amp i have a marshall half stack w/ 4x12's in it... man that thing gets loud.. its nuts... i have never turned it up past 4 because its that loud..

-Neil

hmmmm.......let's see.....between me and my son, who can really rip...we have :

Paul Reed Smith 10 top custom
Paul Reed Smith gold top
G&L ASAT classic
G&L strat
Fender strat

Numerous old Fender amps. I think my son is gonna buy a Marshall half stack soon.

I have been kinda discouraging him from buying one for the very reason you mentioned. They are so dang LOUD! The gigs we play are usually in small places, and it's really not worth lugging around. The smaller Fenders work and sound good for what we do.

Love those PRS guitars though.

I literally listen to ALL music...it's really ridiculous...even rap if it is on the dancey side of things...I hate the gang type rap crap...

I too am/was a guitarist/performer (was pro, now retired from the road)
Now I just plunk around in my home studio...oddly enough, I use little to NO guitar on my own studio work...weird.

My current guitar "rig" is very down sized from what my live gear was.
All I use now is "The Pod" (amazing...best thing to happen to guitar ever), a custom built electric and an Alvarez-Yari acoustic.

My studio gear is...well extensive.

I forgot to mention late 80's to early 90's freestyle dance music. In Staten Island and Brooklyn, it's still considered one of the greatests music periods of all time. :)

Here's what this soon-to-be 50 year old likes:

• Any rock from mid 60's to present especially southern style (Skynyrd, Stevie Ray Vaugh, etc)
  • Light Trance (like Delerium, Enigma, etc)
  • Most Classical
  • Some Country
  • Irish/Scottish folk music
  • NO Rap
  • NO whiney cr@p (Brittany Spears, J-Lo, Mariah Carey, etc)
  • NO cajun/Zydeco