What kind of racing is at E-town on Sunday the 10th?

ez at nova

I hate rice
Sorry for being an idiot, but, I heard there was bracket racing and time trials before that. What does that mean? I've only ever been to test and tune type things where you just run it over and over. I want to go Sunday but I have never run my car with race gas so it will have to be tuned, and I don't want to pay lots of $$ to get one run, lose, then sit there and watch all day. Otherwise, I'd just go to sit there and watch! :D
Can anyone enlighten me?

You should get 3 time trials(like a test and tune),and then go to eliminations. Once in eliminations, you run until you lose.

Hey man, thanks for the info.
So when the actual bracket racing begins, do you have a dial in time that you have to have determined? So it's the kind of racing where you're racing to get as close to your time as you can without breaking out, rather than just trying to beat the other guy?

Argh :( I hate that kind. I like to go FAST, not try to slow down and NOT go too fast!!!

Oh, does reaction time matter in this case? I know when I jsut do runs for time, RT has NO effect on your overall ET.

In bracket racing, usually it is reation time that will win the race for you. Cut a good light and you will have more time to "play" with at the end. Good reaction time is a must to win in bracket racing.

Aw man, there's another strike against me. My RTs will suck becuase I'm going to be fiddling with how much boost I can hold at the line, etc etc. I hope it is still the case that the ET will not be affected though.

Your et will not be effected. You could sit there for 15 seconds after the green and still run a 12.2 if you don't move and break the starting beam. But, your opponent will have already crossed the finish line and won the race by then.

Sunday will be a busy day and it is already posted from the track that you will only get one time trial before elininations. I would suggest you go Saturday which is trophy marathon day and you will get at least 6 time shots from 9am till 5pm.

Originally posted by skyhawk
Sunday will be a busy day and it is already posted from the track that you will only get one time trial before elininations. I would suggest you go Saturday which is trophy marathon day and you will get at least 6 time shots from 9am till 5pm.

:confused: Just checked there website........and I couldn't find that "post":confused: Although it will be a busy day.

God, that really sucks. I wish I knew if this were true. I really don't feel like getting up at 6:30 to get one damn run in trying to tune my car. ugh.

Originally posted by ez at nova
God, that really sucks. I wish I knew if this were true. I really don't feel like getting up at 6:30 to get one damn run in trying to tune my car. ugh.

Weather's looking crappy, too. Rained on the overnight here, but I'm a little bit NW of the track.

Jim

Well, that was an interesting day!!! I only got 2 runs, one time trial, then my bracket run. Negative kudos to E-town for scheduling 500 events in one day. What a mess.
Anyway it was amusing because I pulled an ET completely out of my butt for the bracket run since I was far from done tuning, and I came withing THREE THOUSANDTHS of it, and ended up breaking out. It would have been amusing to have won having no clue what I'm doing.
The other good thing is I did get my new best time, beat my old by a tenth, (now a 12.1.) I was only running 24 lbs with just 0.5 knock, so I know it has easy 11's. Then I guess I can get booted from the track for no cage! :D

On a final note, I did the biggest burnout of the day according to ahandful of spectators (hey the slicks had been sitting for a year), among all of the cars... , at least I can say I did something.

Nope............they don't call me John Force jr for nothing!!!!;) My ozone depleting burnouts were second too none.........:D lol. I agree, three hour drive for three runs ain't much fun. But.....There's always next year. :mad:

ez at nova: Congrats on your new best ET.

One time run does suck, but it's still cool going to an event with that many Turbo Buicks.

-Banning.

I know the day was packed and e-town only had that day avaiable for our rain out from Sept. They warned us about the one time trial and that's why I posted that Saturday would be a better day to play. You could have made at least 6 runs on Saturday if you got there early. Thanks to all that attended and for your info the payouts were over $3800 in cash. Quick 16 winner got $1300.

Banning,

How'd you guys make out yesterday. I ended up leaving around 5pm and didn't see the second round on.

Either way it was nice meeting everyone yesterday and I look forward to next season!

Dave

PS- The lightweight starter should be in the mail by now!
:)

My buddy with the '87 GN knocked out the '03 Cobra first round, but got a red light (.458) the second round.

Round #1
(Good light but my dial was off - possibly from wind?)
Buick (me) - Mustang (him)
Dial: 11.80 - 14.88
RT: .564 - .795
ET: 11.95 - 14.80

Round #2
(Crappy light)
Dial: 11.90 - 12.10
RT: .717 - .648
ET: 11.99 - 12.55

Round #3
(Double red light)
Dial: 11.90 - 12.34
RT: .458 - .404
ET: 11.908 - 12.58

Round #4
(Red light AND ran under my dial!)
Dial: 11.86 - 12.41
RT: .470 - .622
ET: 11.858 - 12.394

I really gotta practice those lights. Oh well... better luck next year!
-Banning.

Well, it looks like you had a pretty good besides those darn red lights!

Summit sells a pocket sized practice tree for only $89.95. Maybe we can take up a collection for you! :D

Dave