What management system for 120's or 160's?

jdpolzin

Guys, what needs to be done to run these injectors? I'm not good at all with tuning and am a little nervous jumping into a Fast XFI but I will if I need to. I would prefer to have a chip from Eric and be done with it. Are there drivers large enough to run these on the stock ECM?

Jer., myself and TomJ are running 120's with Tpro. The car runs great and has not had any issues with a modded ECM. Had BS3 and didn't get much tuning help from anyone. It was kind of a step bakwards, but the car runs so well, and the Tpro/E85 has almost been in the 9's already....

Do you know where to get a modded ECM though? I'm thinking about the XFI system and can get one at a fare price. My only worry is blowing the darn thing up because I dont honestly know what what I'm doing. What do you think of the XFI?

The BS3 and XFI are both totally capable of getting the job done. Problem typically is the end user that doesn't put the time in reading instructions, exploring the software and generally not understanding tuning.

Electrically, once the ecm is modfied for low impedance injectors it can drive any of the standard sizes (and form factor to fit our fuel rail), up to and including the 160's. The only issue is that the idle pw will be short and thus the idle control may suffer a little (slight surging, etc). This starts somewhere around the 95's or 120's on gasoline and can be a problem with 160's although I'm sure some have run 160's with the stock ecm. However, the E85 will help this by needing longer pw's than gasoline so 120's shouldn't be a problem and even the 160's may idle just fine.

I believe Full Throttle Speed still does the driver upgrades and then Eric can take you from there. If you don't want to shell out over $2k for a Fast and then tuning it yourself than it's an easy choice. Eric's run E85 so he knows what's up and getting chips with the tune built in is pretty nice. :smile:

Jer., myself and TomJ are running 120's with Tpro. The car runs great and has not had any issues with a modded ECM. Had BS3 and didn't get much tuning help from anyone. It was kind of a step bakwards, but the car runs so well, and the Tpro/E85 has almost been in the 9's already....

I'm looking to go to a MAFTpro myself on the White-T with the 83s and then move it over it the black car with the 120s.

Maybe Fat and TomJ can help me tune the damn thing ;)

Well, I'm going to go ahead and pick up the FAST system. I cant pass it up becuase it's a good deal. I am going to rely on the big dogs for help. I have talked with Cal Hartline via PM's so I dont think there could be any better person to help me tune. He said I can buy the FAST E85 sensor which will allow the system to monitor the % of ethonal and adjust the tune from there. I think thats a pretty darn good set up because if the car is tuned for 85% ethonal and you only get 40% that day at the pumps, the tune is going to be way off. Is there a way to monitor using the Tpro?

Guys, what needs to be done to run these injectors? I'm not good at all with tuning and am a little nervous jumping into a Fast XFI but I will if I need to. I would prefer to have a chip from Eric and be done with it. Are there drivers large enough to run these on the stock ECM?

If you are considering an XFI, no injectors are a problem to tune in. I have programs and tune up to 160's without problems. Your concern about not being able to tune a FAST would be, IMO, more of a problem with Tpro or other management systems. Like Cal, I work with my customers after delivery of an XFI as well as installing a base program that usually is pretty much in the ball park out of the box. I can't say I've ever had a customer want to go back to a stock or modified computor after we sold them a FAST.... :)

Jack, thanks for the comforting words! I'm not going to lie, I am completely dumb when it comes to tuning. I can do the basics to make a stock ECM powered car run really well with a good chip but as far as actual fuel delivery, etc, I might as well start in Pre-School. I'll be calling you this week about that 3.5" downpipe we talked about. Once thats in, I will be able to run my car!!!!!!!!! Of course, I have to put the motor in first! HAHA!:eek:

Another issue is that I am purchasing this from a fellow member, not a vendor. I am hoping I can still get some support? I do need to buy some of the hardware for my particular set up but not the actual system.

If you are considering an XFI, no injectors are a problem to tune in. I have programs and tune up to 160's without problems. Your concern about not being able to tune a FAST would be, IMO, more of a problem with Tpro or other management systems. Like Cal, I work with my customers after delivery of an XFI as well as installing a base program that usually is pretty much in the ball park out of the box. I can't say I've ever had a customer want to go back to a stock or modified computor after we sold them a FAST.... :)

Well, I got my FAST system and need to get the E85 sensor to monitor the % of Ethonal in the fuel. Do you sell this Jack? Can you help me out with a tune? I have been trying to get ahold of you about the 3.5" downpipe we talked about as well. I left my number with someone at your shop. Give me a buzz if you can! -----Jeremy

Well, I got my FAST system and need to get the E85 sensor to monitor the % of Ethonal in the fuel. Do you sell this Jack? Can you help me out with a tune? I have been trying to get ahold of you about the 3.5" downpipe we talked about as well. I left my number with someone at your shop. Give me a buzz if you can! -----Jeremy

Jeremy,

I'll get back to you today, between tech calls, orders, loading XFI's and shipping them, not to mention running a 3 man full service GN shop.... :cool: I keep looking at the list of phone calls to return on my desk..... just can't seem to get to all of them, I do apologize, I'll call first thing this morning, anytime ok...?

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you Jeremy. In addition to selling, teching,loading, supporting, racing, tuning, unloading, dynoing, the multitude of XFI's we have sold :rolleyes:........I had a tropical storm dump 18 inches of rain on us yesterday :eek:

I left you a message on your cell.

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you Jeremy. In addition to selling, teching,loading, supporting, racing, tuning, unloading, dynoing, the multitude of XFI's we have sold :rolleyes:........I had a tropical storm dump 18 inches of rain on us yesterday :eek:

I left you a message on your cell.

Opps... now that Cal is back ...... thank God he wasn't washed away in the storm... ;) I guess you won't need me now... I can go back to my other duties.. :smile:

Cal, if you get a chance, can you give me a call at the shop.... wanted to speak with you about some other "stuff" :smile:

Sorry about the smarta$$ post, Jack. This storm has gotten me a little testy. Give me a call tomorrow.