What mods to do wheelies?

1 quik6

I don't really plan on hanging tires in this car any time soon just wondering what it takes for a TTA. I have seen 11 second cars with soft suspensions that have feather light front ends and I've seen some really fast cars that just launch flat. Where is the setup with our cars? I'm sure it's not just HP but also suspension mods.

Pics? Thanks!

transbrake

Pace2.jpg

Phil%20Launch.JPG

Just move the engine to the trunk:eek:

Real nice. My wife might complain about a little heat/noise problem with the turbo 3" from the back of her head.

PaCemkr86 that is a pretty cool picture. It almost seems like turbo regals like to lift more than the trans ams do. I'm not sure if the suspension is softer for better wait transfer or if people just put that much more work into them. What kind of 60' times are you getting with a launch like that?

I really need to get to the track more. Although our last time to the track my TTA was the only turbo buick there.

you can get and install a stageright transbrake for under 300-400 bucks and it will pop wheelies with good traction

Transbrakes help, but it's really all in the suspension and gearing. Just look at how some stock and super stock cars run, they dont make a ton of horsepower and are not allowed transbrakes but pull some serious wheels up action. I try to go for a little air under the tires for maximum weight transfer but no more than that or it can slow you down and become inconsistant.

4-14-3B20075.jpg

4-14-1B20062.jpg

Nice launch, sucks about the tire. That had to be scary :eek: Beautiful car BTW, love the color. My TA has 3.42's with 28X10 Hoosier DOT and stock style non adjustable suspension too. Off a t-brake 12-14# launch avg 60ft 1.49

What I was saying is that with the right setup it doesnt take alot of power to pull big wheelies. Here's a pic of a stock eliminator camaro that runs 10.88 @ 119.23mph with a 1.37 60ft. He runs a 305 cubic inch motor, metric 200 trans, and 5.13 gears out back.
4952-1986-Chevrolet-Camaro.jpg

Here's a quick video of my TA
10.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Info and pics on the car can be found here:
Garages > TTA850's Garage - FQuick.com
Let me know if you want more I will email ya

wow.. nice video.. that TA is a sleeper.. nice job..

fquick garage.. you car is impressive