What shocks for daily driving?

2QWIK4U

Just looking for opinions on good shocks. Want to just mostly start back driving my car and it's been a while since I put a set on. Thanks.

Bilsteins. Can get the full set from gbodyparts.com for a great price. My all time favorite shocks.

Yep I have Bilsteins as well and drive a lot. I think they have lifetime warranties and you can pick buy them at your local parts stores.... Might have to order them though

Yea go with the above opinions. I bought cheapy KYB's, money was tight. They totally improved the rear and aren't toooo bad, but if I had the money I'd go with Bilsteins.

Bilsteins are so nice. Had kyb on the other car and we're more harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive had bilsteins on my both my cars, if you arent buying coilovers its the way to go imo

I have Gabriel Ultra shocks on my regal and i like the ride they provide on the street they handle good in turns and curves and the car goes straight under acceleration. I do have aftermarket rear upper and lower control arms and a big sway bar though.

Best of all they only cost like $28.00 each at autozone and come with a lifetime warranty. I have seen them new on ebay for less than $20.00 a shock shipped.

I'm sure they don't compare to Bilstein performance shocks but my car is only driven on the street. Although it's not a daily driver it could be but i have a runabout for that use.

Last edited:
If you want a firm ride Bilsteins are the way to go. I like my Buick to ride smooth like it was meant to be and went to the Monro Sensatrac, they are made in North America ,life time warranty and offer a factory type ride with better control.

If you want a firm ride Bilsteins are the way to go. I like my Buick to ride smooth like it was meant to be and went to the Monro Sensatrac, they are made in North America ,life time warranty and offer a factory type ride with better control.

I've never had those on a gbody, but three other vehicles I've experienced sensa-tracs on were crap. To each their own. For what it's worth, I do prefer a firmer ride and sensa-tracs will definitely NOT give you that if that is what you desire.

kyb work great on these cars,60ft or around the turns,price is right on them also.bilsteins are nice but they cost and i thought the ride quality was similar.

As the majority has ruled Bilsteins are the best if money is not an issue. They are also the ones tha created the gas shocks originally. Come as standard equipment on several high end muscle cars.

We sell them. Not going to find them as a stock item in auto stores. Least not in my area.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I could be wrong but I think they were originally scheduled to be part of the GNX project as well.

WOW, after reading all of the members opinions and usage, and not one mention of AC Delco Shocks, hmmm?:jawdrop:

WOW, after reading all of the members opinions and usage, and not one mention of AC Delco Shocks, hmmm?:jawdrop:

I used the stock replacement gas from A/C delco and they say Made in USA, then on my next car I ordered a set and they say "Made In Mexico. I sent them back and put Monro's on, nice ride and reasonable priced. I used to use A/Cdelco but it is not the company it once was.

I used the stock replacement gas from A/C delco and they say Made in USA, then on my next car I ordered a set and they say "Made In Mexico. I sent them back and put Monro's on, nice ride and reasonable priced. I used to use A/Cdelco but it is not the company it once was.
Years ago when I did a major maintenance overhaul, I replaced many original parts with AC Delco parts from Highway Stars including and using AC Delco Shocks.
At the time I researched and found Bilstein shocks were too pricey, and next replacement will be Monro Sensatrac shocks.

Last edited:
My car had bilsteins on it when I bought it. I don't know anything else on TRs. But I have an opinion on shocks.
I bought Monroe replacements for my 2004 pickup in 2006. They were cheap and had a lifetime warranty. At the time, I thought meh it's just shocks....easy to replace if they turn out to be garbage. After 8 years and easy 10 sets of shocks, I'm spending the dough on good shocks. Number one, I'm sick of changing shocks. I change them about every 3rd oil change. I can do them with my eyes closed. Number two, I rode in a buddy's identical 2001 model with name brand shocks 4 years old and his truck rode like a caddy compared to mine. JMO, but buying cheap shocks is like the guy who refuses to spend $28 on a bottle of RMI25.

$0.02