What should I do first? Rehang exhaust or remove headers?

Chrisssssssss

Hey all.

On my GN, The person who did the exhaust decided to WELD the exhaust to the frame of the car with some solid hangers instead of rubber hangers. Well, needless to say these have broken and now the exhaust is hanging on the axels. I have to get that fixed. It's no big deal but I have to go get it dome because I don't have a welder at home.

I also am gonna do a spring cleaning and want to remove the drivers side header because I think there is an exhaust leak or crack in it and it needs to be looked at.

Should I remove the header first while the exhaust is hanging down or should I get it re-hung first before I unbolt anything? I'm thinking re-hung first so that everything stays in place. If I release everything now it will all fall out.

The exhaust technically hangs on the downpipe which hangs off the turbo which sits on the passenger header. The driver header is independent of supporting the exhaust system other than the crossover pipe. Oil the crossover bolts a couple days in advance of removal, they usually rust and get stuck.