What Size Wheel And Tire

Turboslots

Real Simple,
What is the biggest size slick type tire and widest wheel size can I put on my T-Type without any rubbing on the frame. I am willing to bend the outer lip a "little" but don't want to "cut" anything. The car will be driven on the street mostly.
What brand of tire would you recomend for most traction. Would like to put them on crager s/s mags because I'm "OLD SCHOOL". THANKS Guys.:confused:

Tires

275/60/15 would be the largest tire that fits well with out rubbing (28" tall) or a 275/50/15 (26" tall) depending on the rest of your combo and mph.

Both of these will fit nice on the stock wheel. On an aftermarket wheel it would probably be a 15x8 with 4" BS. Might have to run a small spacer, all cars are slightly different. I have this tire on the stock rim with NO wheel well modifications, no rubbing.

Real Simple,
What is the biggest size slick type tire and widest wheel size can I put on my T-Type without any rubbing on the frame. I am willing to bend the outer lip a "little" but don't want to "cut" anything. The car will be driven on the street mostly.
What brand of tire would you recomend for most traction. Would like to put them on crager s/s mags because I'm "OLD SCHOOL". THANKS Guys.:confused:
I just bought some 15"x10" wheels with a rear spacing of 4.25" on which I mounted some 275-60-15's...they're close to the frame, but definitely do NOT touch. I do have rolled fender lips too...But if 10" wide seems a little too much for you, then get some 8" wide with a rear spacing of 3.5", no more!...

Claude.

P.S: Here are two pictures of the very SAME tire ( ! ) mounted on an 8" wheel (right) and on a 10" wheel (left)...