What tire should I get

headslide

So ,went to the track over the weekend .the 26×8.5 s I've got on the car are absolutely wore out ,the best 60 ft was 171 and 7.94 at 85 .it's time for new slicks .what size fits well on a stock wheels ?I'm gonna use a mickey slick ,should I stick with a 26 ×10 or if I go to a 28 ×10 will it even fit .hell will a 26 ×10 fit well ? Will a 28 kill low end torque ?

Discuss

I'm trying to stay with stock gn wheel can a 26 10 fit
if you are willing to use a drag radial the mt 255/60/15 fits perfectly on the stock wheel and is a little taller at 27 in.the tire hooks goods.hoosier makes the same size in the drag radial as well and hooks even better but is for mainly track use

Sir spool
I've never had any experience with a drag radial, can they hook as good as a slick .I like the ideal of being Abel to drive to the track and not need to change tires .what tire press do they like ,should I tighten the shocks or loosen them .I'm interested.

x2 on the 255-60-15 it fits perfect on 7" rim...27.1"
Ive also gotten a 275-60-15 Nitto on a stock rim they run a tad smaller at 27.7" then the mt's of 28"

I've never had any experience with a drag radial, can they hook as good as a slick .I like the ideal of being Abel to drive to the track and not need to change tires .
Drag radials work great.they can be hit real hard with power.I like driving to the track as well.the Hoosier drag radial responded just like a slick on my car but is not a real driving tire inmo,the mt drove alot better but couldn't be shocked as much.all in all I feel the mt is the better tire as it will get the 60fts but you may have to play with the suspension a little bit more.

For your speed, the 255 60 drag radial should be fine. The biggest tire for a stock wheel is the MT 28x9 ET Drag.