what tires should i run

dagojoe

ok everyone ive looked at alot of nice wheel and tire combos..i am goin to run 17 by 7s in front and 17 by 9.5 rears with proper back spacing..now for the big? which tires do i run ...car has eibach 1in. springs..bilstein shocks..i would like the front a little lower so i was thinking 245 45 17 or 235 40 17.fronts and 275 40 17s out back and for a mean look 315 35 17s...i even saw a 285 40 17...any input would help...like stance and or tire rubbing issues..no the frame is not notched and fenders not rolled...all advice is appreciated...i will be running american racing salt plat specials...:)

I have 17x8 fronts with 245/45 and 17x9.5 rears with 275/40 and its perfect. No rubbing at all.

hello; I think the question should of been what tire size I should get? Tires in themselves can give you a pain in the arse as there's alot of different thread patterns and performance questions you have to ask yourself. But go to the (official tire wheel) section in the tire wheel area and you can see alot of examples.
But as far as rubbing and such. I have 16x8 rim and 245-50 tire size and at full lock my front tires rub a bit.
goodluck with those rims and I don't think there's a TB here that has them. That's kinda cool.
don't forget to post those pics
IBBY

i already looked throught the tread scott started on different wheels tb owners are running ..and irvj...i have an 86 wh1 as well..your car looks sweeeeet..by the way..i plan to run these on my wh1 but you know im dying to see what they will look like on my gn as well...lol....and yes ive already taken the performance rating into consideration..i plan to run nittos..ive always had good luck with them and like the tread and they are not bulky looking...and no need for drag radials because i plan to put some mt drags on a pair of steelies..this combo will be for pure crusing....the drags will be mounted strictly for business..once i get tires i plan to post pics of them on both my gn and wh1 so everyone can see them...it looks like i will most likely go with 245 45 17s on front and 275 40s on rear..maybe a 235 on front just for a smaller look...thanks everyone for your input...the wh1 is currently sitting on a set of 16 in irocs..brand new with trishield centers..actually dont look to bad..but they are going up for sale..all 4 irocs are fronts so they have the proper back spacing..i couldnt let these saltflats pass me by

hello; As far as tires witch Nitto worked for you?
I have the same car as IrvJr and if you do your new combo should be different. Also when you went thru the tire rim posting did you cum across the 2 tone WE4
car from Texas. I like that one and the grey in your new rims should work.
Back to the tires I had some Generals put on last yr. and I was chasing a vibration I thought was the tire. Anyway I have the option to change them out and I might.
IBBY

Im running Kumho Ecsta MX and they are awesome. Hard to find lately but they seem to put up with some abuse. Good in weather too.

I put a set of nittos 450s-great tire for 17s, 225x50x17 & 255x50x17- great handling and performance tire and they look great!

update

ok i ended up going 275 40 17s on rear and 245 40 17s on front..i had a hard time matching tires so i got a good deal on sum uniroyal tiger paws...non directional...they fit very nice and have a 400 tread wear and nice tread pattern...all i can say is wooooooow...these wheels really looks good...all i need now are some 1 inch drop spindles..i cant post pics but i would like to post so any one interested can see them..would some one post them for me..i could email the pics to you to post...the bullitt style lugs and polished centercaps really add a nice touch...p.s....anyone have any drop spindles...lol