What to expect with Chip, Inj and colder plugs?

WhiskeyGN

So I'm picking up a set of 38lbers from a friend and going to get a TT chip to match, running 93 oct. Friend of mine recommend running colder plugs too, 42's i believe. My question is what will the colder plugs do. Also, I know stock the GNs were tuned way down, so what will the chip do to fix that, and generally how much can I expect to gain from all this?

So I'm picking up a set of 38lbers from a friend and going to get a TT chip to match, running 93 oct. Friend of mine recommend running colder plugs too, 42's i believe. My question is what will the colder plugs do. Also, I know stock the GNs were tuned way down, so what will the chip do to fix that, and generally how much can I expect to gain from all this?

I had the same setup your about to run with the exception of 42.5 lb. inj. had the te44c 3000 stall and ran NGK UR5's all day. I'm up to 60 lb. inj. running the ur5's and no problem. the only reason you would run a colder plug is if at the boost your running you experience detonation(knock) you could be running to much boost or your plugs are too hot. so you could either turn down the boost or run a colder plug. in my experience and many inquiries to ther members, everyon seems to run alot of different plugs but ac delcos and the ngks were always popping up and guys who were running less and more boost and fuel pressure than me were using UR5's. when you do a new install on a chip and injectors your gonna have a little bit of tuning to do. I wouldnt change your plug setup until youve added the new gear. i cant remember if the computer needs to be started an ran a few times to balance out or if its just one drive to go to open or closed loop. the computer system is still a mystery to me , but if you search the threads you will find it. hope this helps.

I had the same setup your about to run with the exception of 42.5 lb. inj. had the te44c 3000 stall and ran NGK UR5's all day. I'm up to 60 lb. inj. running the ur5's and no problem. the only reason you would run a colder plug is if at the boost your running you experience detonation(knock) you could be running to much boost or your plugs are too hot. so you could either turn down the boost or run a colder plug. in my experience and many inquiries to ther members, everyon seems to run alot of different plugs but ac delcos and the ngks were always popping up and guys who were running less and more boost and fuel pressure than me were using UR5's. when you do a new install on a chip and injectors your gonna have a little bit of tuning to do. I wouldnt change your plug setup until youve added the new gear. i cant remember if the computer needs to be started an ran a few times to balance out or if its just one drive to go to open or closed loop. the computer system is still a mystery to me , but if you search the threads you will find it. hope this helps.

Once you get the car tuned you can pull a plug to check the color. Remember to get a accurate color check you need to shut down the engine as soon as possible after a run. If you idle down the return road you will probably not get a good check.