What were the GM factory options included on a GNX?

Mera

I tried the search function. Did not find a lot but maybe I was not using the correct search words? Wondering what the GNX had option wise.

Venus posted:

While they 'started' out as GNs, they were actually tagged to become GNXs from the factory. The RPO code is T2L so Buick knew which ones rolling down the line were destined to become GNXs and they were all heavily optioned.

If the RPO code was this T2L they should all be exactly the same correct? But I wonder about small things like the dual map dome light. Floor mats (3 variations: none, rubber or rubber/carpet). Electric drivers seat. Body side molding. The upgraded stereo speakers. Etc. I was searching for information on what options the GN T2L cars had before it went out to be converted to a GNX. Were they truly all exactly the same as they left the GM assembly line and has anyone ever made a precise list on what the RPO code T2L included.

I was looking at that GNX on eBay yesterday and it has the upgraded speakers in the doors so I started to wonder what factory options came on the GNX's. Did they all have cruise? Electric windows, electric drivers seat etc. If that GNX did have the upgraded door speakers then all GNX's should have them correct? I see it has cruise, electric windows, electric door locks. It does not show if it has the electric drivers seat. I see floor mats that might be OEM GM carpeted mats but I'm not sure on that.

Thanks
Rodney
1987 GN hardtop with 10,475 miles and all original except for tires and battery. Has the factory rubber mats.

Last edited:
mythical-no-547-1987-buick-gnx-real-know-not-telling
1987-buick-gnx-547-window-sticker.jpg
As far as I know the GNX was a loaded Grand National before being sent to ASC for conversion. They all had a sticker price of $29290 of the ones I have seen. This includes three new in dealer showrooms when I was dreaming of owning one.
All had pwr windows and locks, Pwr driver seat, though I don't remember on the concert II sound but I would guess they all had that too.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/mythical-no-547-1987-buick-gnx-real-know-not-telling/
Good article on the "last one".

They did not come with side moldings but at least one did get some installed by the dealer. That car sold at Barret Jacksons a couple years ago and it was described as a very rare option for a GNX.

Factory options I know they all got from GM are:
Power windows, door locks, rear defrost, concert sound witch includes door speakers, factory alarm, cruise control, both side remote adjustable mirrors, dome light with map lights, aluminum bumper supports, aluminum drums, power driver seat, carpeted trunk kit, limited slip rear, power antenna, and I think they all had door edge guards.

Other than the lack of a roof option, I think the only things they didn't have were twilight sentential and power trunk release.

had door edge gaurds
also included
lighted pass visor,
frt and rr capet insert floor mats
pulse wipers
headlight on warning

Only options they didnt come with was a block heater,twilight sentinel(which was odd), Astro roof and t-tops. T-tops and astroroof weren't an option to get due to structural integrity concerns.

kirban 2 cents worth

As it has been pointed out basically the GNX got all the good stuff as far as options go and all the lite weight stuff minus the ugly door moldings, engine block heater and twil lite feature.

On a similar note the floor mats or carpet savers B34/B35 code has that unique cut on the drivers side mat and we are the only source that sell them with that single cut on the rite side of the drivers mat. The ones that most companies sell have the drivers one cut on both sides this is the replacement carpet savers.....course no one has the small rubber lite GM logo on the passenger floor mat. Had ASC had alittle more time maybe they would have embroidered the mats with the GNX logo.

denniskirban@yahoo.com