what would cause a wideband to stay at 14.50a/f?

driven87

first off norbs thanks for helping on the cpg board although i was under a different name on there. ok guys i have a xfi and xim setup with a ls motor setup. no matter how much fuel i put in or take out the a/f will not go away from 14.5. i have checked the wiring and no issues. the xfi box is an older one from 2008 and the xim box is brand new. im running a ccom 1.34 version and im wondering if maybe a software issue is causing this problem? any ideas on what could be doing this would be great as this is getting frustrating. thanks guys

Did you try swapping widebands?
Maybe its some sort of fail safe or its just stuck
I know if your using the fuel scale 14.7 would also be a lambda value of 1
Seems weird that it just happened to get stuck on practically 1 ya know?

Just a thought...

I'm going through with the same issue with my Classic FAST.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/pe...fast-qs-iat-tps-setup-drivability-issues.html

Talked to Cal and a few others and we narrowed it down to a bad wideband O2 sensor. It's going bad intermittently. On mine I belive it's the heating element. With the car cold, turn the key forward but do not start it. The O2 should get warm withing a few seconds if you put your hand on it or by the bung. Mine warms up 50% of the time now. However, once in a great while I also get the same reading when the car if warmend up, which should head the sensor up??

With your XFI you have many cost effective wide band sensor options. With mine, only one sensor works and it's about $350. :mad:

Good luck.

There is a switch on the back of my gauge that changes the voltage..I chased the same problem for days,only to find it was switched in the wrong position..Not sure what you are reading off of..Just my experience,lol

:redface:

first off norbs thanks for helping on the cpg board although i was under a different name on there. ok guys i have a xfi and xim setup with a ls motor setup. no matter how much fuel i put in or take out the a/f will not go away from 14.5. i have checked the wiring and no issues. the xfi box is an older one from 2008 and the xim box is brand new. im running a ccom 1.34 version and im wondering if maybe a software issue is causing this problem? any ideas on what could be doing this would be great as this is getting frustrating. thanks guys

No problem, but I still suggest you try the 1.0 firmware upgrade and you uninstall and re-install your software 1st.

figured it out seems the extension harness has some problems. anyone know the part number through fast for the wideband extension harness? thanks guys

yes once the sensor goes bad it will stick on 13 or 14...i just recently went through this on an AEM....i'm abit concerned comparing some PowerLogger files before and after the swap as it appears that the sensor was slowly failing...this is no good when your trying to tune...so be careful if your using leaded race gas for anytime with wb....just my recent experience.

you also dont want the wideband turning on on cold startups untill the car has got some temperature in it or all the moisture created on a cold start can kill the sensors fast

backwards...

you also dont want the wideband turning on on cold startups untill the car has got some temperature in it or all the moisture created on a cold start can kill the sensors fast

Let the wb heat up B4 you start the engine....;)