What Would It Take To Beat The 405?

No jump, that was the trans-brake bounce, everyone has it...plus im bias being from NY Lol...
The way I see it is: if it was a tree, he wouldn't have red lighted. But rules on the street are very subjective and sometimes you lose due to all the subjective technicalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way I see it is: if it was a tree, he wouldn't have red lighted. But rules on the street are very subjective and sometimes you lose due to all the subjective technicalities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why they need a neutral party judge, not a 405 boy with the final call..

From the footage I saw it was a hard call. Although the car rolled before the light, it did not launch until the light was banged. It almost seems like he was on the brake until Dave started walking back and then let off of the brake so he could catch on the trans brake before the light was banged. I don't think he jumped necessarily.

From the footage I saw it was a hard call. Although the car rolled before the light, it did not launch until the light was banged. It almost seems like he was on the brake until Dave started walking back and then let off of the brake so he could catch on the trans brake before the light was banged. I don't think he jumped necessarily.
Petey smallblock is a Super pro street racer from my neck of the woods, the 405 never got Treed like that before!

At the level the top 5 are at in the 405, a v-6 is out gunned. The bottom 5 is doable with a TSO car IMO. A V6 Regal in the 5-or 6 position on that list would still be something to be proud off.

The testing and sorting out the car on the street would be the hard part. I have been there an done that, with far slower cars and it takes time and tweaking..

At the level the top 5 are at in the 405

Everyone knows what Murder Nova traps, there are plenty of guys out there that trap faster. All one has to do is look up the trap speed of their competition to know that they are all hand selected. Competition is getting faster because they know they can't keep running the same folks that they have been, sooner or later they needed to do that nationwide call out, and look what happened, they are starting to lose (forget about them winning on a technicality, they still lost). People who are star struck are starting to see and realize they aren't the only guys out there that can run fast. They are trying to stretch out a television series to make money. Petey smallblock is one hell of a nice guy in person, but he is not the fastest NY has to offer. They are making it dramatic with Chief and Kyle like a Rocky movie. Whatever happened to poor Bernie? Let's see a GTR "other" than Bernie's stock appearing GTR run against them, bring in the drag Alpha's...

street lethal, maybe I can convince you a little bit eh? Everyone does know what the murdered nova traps.. so how many guys do trap 177mph in the 1/8 mile? on any tire? Not too many and probably none on the street - not that he doesn't it on the street either.

I dont get the glorification of the GTR just like we shouldn't be glorifying the buick v6 beyond what it can do (there is a special place for us too for guys that want to play - see Fiscus and Gomes and not to leave others out)

So let's do a little math.... I'm not sure why anyone would think think a GTR (or most of our fastest buicks) truly has any chance without some really big tires (maybe G. Fleury actually)? even the fastest of the fastest....for everyone 1 GTR at the track with a billet block, there are maybe 50 to 100 x275 cars that are faster in the 1/8 mile at a track near you across the country that is faster and the Murdered Nova already went faster than the fastest x275 record (Bruder Brothers) on 275's and 20mph faster on it's first drag radial showing.

Honestly, I can't see anyone really beating a BBC on nitrous in a street raced/car format. It's hard enough to control some of the turbo cars on a prepped track. I mean really some of these guys (okc AND others) have powerplants that Gallina Freeman were going after.. and got outpowered.

Nucnova on here has won a no prep event in Oklahoma a few years ago. He's going to know more than any of us how to compare that no-prep to a plain street.

.. so how many guys do trap 177mph in the 1/8 mile?

Not too many and probably none on the street - not that he doesn't it on the street either.

Exactly, now couple him with an AWD GTR that will hook against a BB Chevy that can't... on the street. This video is just an example, as there are way faster GTR's than this out there...

Remember guys. I'm not waving the GTR flag, I am waving the six cylinder flag. This thread is about what it will take to beat the 405 with an LC2 or Stage II Buick V6. Well, in my opinion, high RPM, mucho reduced weight, sticking the launch, and as big a turbo you can freaking fit... ;)

Last edited:
SGMP is 45 miles from me, great track. They have a lot of badass races there.

Do you realize that both your videos helped my point ? most of the SGMP cars did not trap OVER 177mph...

I'm not dogging either car.. but you can't relate that true 10.5 camaro that maybe doesn't even have a 10 point cage? to a big tire car..... there's just no relation whatsoever.... when I say BBC.. I mean a "mean" BBC... just not someone's street car with a kit.

the 4wd helps yes, but it does match a proper chassis with more power. Think of it this way.. those big tired cars probably have more tire on the road than the GTR... yes?

anyway.. tutotaloo.......

Do you realize that both your videos helped my point ? most of the SGMP cars did not trap OVER 177mph...

Seriously lol? Are you actually implying that the racers in the video that I posted, who trapped over 177-mph, are the only people in the United States that have, or can? You need a reality check, there are thousands of racers out there who are not glorified on Street Outlaws, or on youtube for that matter, not to mention the Imports out there that would tear them a new a-hole. Murder Nova isn't anything special. Not to mention, my video's proved my point, not yours, and that point was that Gypsy Mike traps nowhere near 177-mph with his "naturally aspirated" Camaro, yet somehow that was a "big win" for Murder Nova and Big Chief who trap 170 plus in the 1/8th, who they both raced on two separate occasions on the street, give me a break lol! Every car they "race" for "big money" and is supposed to be a "great" matchup never came close to what they both trap on the track, except for Tuff Enuff who is now blacklisted because they know they will lose to him, or rather for the "excuse" of him going against Discovery channel's policy of releasing footage. Now they throw a nationwide call out, and as you can see, they are starting to lose, but hey, they can't blacklist everybody now can they, and sooner or later would have gotten called on it, so what can Chief do other than bend over and take it from Kelly.

Last edited:
I don't think they are the fastest (they've been lucky to win more than loose lately) but generally I don't think were watching the same racing or at least not the same way.

This is cool we disagree, but that's what a forum is for.... there are thousands of them that can beat them? And include imports of course.

We aren't watching the same racing.. TV, YouTube and offline...or not observing the racing the same way... So i give in.

I really don't want to argue anymore. I am pro V6, pro Turbo Buick, and would like nothing more than to see one of you guys tear all of them a new butt hole. All I am saying is this, they glorify racing Gypsy Mike as if it were a tremendous accomplishment when the guy only traps 120 in the 1/8th mile (see video below, it shows what he traps) and they make it "seem" like he is the top dog, when he is not. Murder Nova traps over 50-mph faster in the 1/8th, how the hell does Gypsy Mike stand a chance, why the hell are they even racing for that matter. As the racers get faster, the Outlaws start losing, that is all that I am saying. This is a show that is running its' course. If they started racing the fastest guys years ago, the show would only be airing one season. They race racers in a linear fashion, they race guys that are slow in comparison and cannot hook, then, as the years progress and they have their audience, they up the ante, and despite losing, the audience still pulls for them because Discovery has created a Cinderella story with them. People want to see them win, and find excuses when they don't. That's entertainment... :)

Here is Gypsy Mike, why the hell was he even racing them, he didn't have a prayer from the getgo...

I don't see it as arguing.... We're all exposed to dfferent perspectives is all.
I think it's just because gypsy mike is a legend in their eyes was all.. probably expected more from him actually.

There is no way in hell Dave saw Petey's car roll. He called the jump because as soon as he hit the flash light.....Petey was gone and Boosted was still sitting there. So Dave assumed he jumped.