What would you do?

TOMS86GN

Well looks like i need another Daily Driver, Im only 19 and would like to keep most of my money for the GN. So its either buy the truck the i have been using from my dad. 1995 C1500, 4.3l. All i would have to do is rebuild the tranny. (i cant go over 30 now without it slipping). The motor had almost 110k on it and burns about a quart every thousand miles. other than that havent had a problem with it except the battery needed to be repaced after 9 years.

Or... Im looking at a used metro. Im not looking for styling points mainly just gas milage and insurance. What would you guys do?

Based on your criteria...get the metro. It's not cool, but it's cheap transpo, especially with gas prices having gone up again like they have.

I drove a Sprint for 6 years. No fun but save the money on Gas!

4th vote for the Metro........now go find a junkyard, and pull the parts off a turbo Sprint, and get busy :D

Sorry....

Ill play devil's advocate with this.....good luck with those Michigan winters, in a Geo Metro and a five speed at that. I would buy the truck from your Dad and just rebuild the tranny....a little bit more piece of mind. Not to mention, have you ever seen one of those things after an accident?? Not a good sight.....I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but imo buy the truck, you will be happy you did in 6+ inches of snow.
Steve Chambers:cool:

yeah i was thinking about the winters, but the truck had to be about the worst car i have ever driven in the snow. Although i neglected to put wieght in the back of the truck and it needs new tires. Just a base 2wd and i was only getting 11-12 miles to the gallon. 45 is starting to sound nice.

88-91 honda civic or crx (im partial to them lol) you can find em cheap, they last forever and for less than $700 you can turbocharge them and have a 13second 35+mpg DD.