What year turbo 400?

03supercharged

Hey guys,I have a question for ya, I am planning on putting a 5.3 with a turbo in my 86 regal, I would like to use a turbo 400 trans behind it, I am wondering what year turbo 400 trans can I use and am i going to have to fab a crossmember for it?

any help will be appreciated,

Thanks

Hey guys,I have a question for ya, I am planning on putting a 5.3 with a turbo in my 86 regal, I would like to use a turbo 400 trans behind it, I am wondering what year turbo 400 trans can I use and am i going to have to fab a crossmember for it?

any help will be appreciated,

Thanks

I'm not sure what bellhousing pattern the 5.3L bolts up to. If it has a standard Chevy pattern make sure the TH400 is for a Chevy, Top of bellhousing will come to a /\ point, BOP looks like this \__/ in center. Otherwise you may need an adapter.
If your Regal came with a 2004R you can use that crossmember. If not you can get one from an 84up G-body or try here. >>
Iceman Products

http://www.crossmembers.com/products.htm

Thank you, I have purchased the tci flywheel kit that is used to bolt an ls1 to a turbo 400 so i can utilize a 400 converter, do you know if i need a short tail shaft or a long tail shaft on the trans?

Thanks