Whats a good tire for street and track?

Nitto 555 here, just drove 100 mi in the rain last weekend, with NO problems,
never a scary moment, haven't been to the track with these, but on the street, they hook much better
than any street tire I've used. plus they seem to wear very well.View attachment 279458

I will agree with that statement as I know someone running the same tire and size on his stock T rims and they are holding up well to daily street driving and hook well at the track for him.

He has a 12 sec. car and over 5,000 miles with plenty of tread left.

May get flamed for this but American Racers here. Rears only though. I know a few other guys run them too. They have a DOT approved stock car tire that is sticky soft and has tread for getting caught in rain. Cheap too, think my rears were $119 each or something like that. You'd have to check to see available sizes though, I run an aluminum 10" GN rim with a 295/50. No rub, lips rolled but it'd be close without them rolled. It's about as much meat that be stuffed under there.
American Racer is out of Independance Iowa so is practically in my back yard. Used to be McCreary.
Got a set I removed last year, 235/70 though. Did pretty good till they got dried out. I have 255/60 MT Street R's now.