Whats going on behind my turbine?

Drewster

Wish I Had A Clone. AKA Andrew Youlio
would like to fix, replace my exhaust housing.....
i tried to remove the turbine housing from the center section tonight. i was able to get the housing to spin freely on the center but it wouldnt separate. I finally looked inside to see what looks like the housing or a plate directly behind the turbine wheel. so i dont understand how the trubine wheel is supposed to pass through the housing hole if the housing is smaller than the turbine wheel. it actually looks like the wheel was fixed on the shaft after the housing was bolted up.
i would really like to remove the housing so i can fix broken bolts or replace the housing. i dont know if i will be able to. this may be a modified rebuilt turbo.
any tips or answers? heres a video to help explain. i am holding the compressor steady, ya can see best on a PC screen.

Drew

There's a heat shield that is seized into the housing. Soak it with light oil. Then you can tap it off carefully

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Any recommendations on the oil? Marvels Mystery oil? Hydraulic oil? PB Blaster? WD-40? I'm not sure if the distillates will be bad for the cartridge.

Drewster on Tapatalk

I would soak the entire turbine housing up to the flange. 50/50 acetone and hyd oil or atf works well. WD 40 or any light oil is fine also.

BPE2013@hotmail.com