What's my cam?

Sinister CO

My engine was built by Conley back in the day. I thought I had the stats on the cam at one point but if I did I can't find them. All I know is it's listed as a 276/276. Anyone know the specs on that guy?

That's probably the advertised duration.
With a 1.65 rocker would be .455" lift on intake and exhaust. Mild cam, I would assume your engine is iron headed?

Maybe Bison will have a better idea. He'll be around shortly. Those old timers know their stuff, just don't tell them I called them "old timers".

It's about impossible to come to any conclusion without any real data. Measure the lobe lift off a pushrod with a dial indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's probably the advertised duration.
With a 1.65 rocker would be .455" lift on intake and exhaust. Mild cam, I would assume your engine is iron headed?

did you just take 276 and multiply by rocker ratio to get gross lift? ...it doesn't work like that ..276 is in degrees not a measurement of inches

here's a 221/221 flat tappet cam card (.006" lift at 276/276 degrees ) that could be what he has but there's no guarantees
221-221 hyd flat cam specs.jpg

Last edited:
You take lobe lift and multiply it by rocker ratio.

On the cam card it shows specs with a 1.55 stock ratio. 1.55 x .319 = .494 and with 1.65 x .319 =.526

did you just take 276 and multiply by rocker ratio to get gross lift? ...it doesn't work like that ..276 is in degrees not a measurement of inches

here's a 221/221 flat tappet cam card (.006" lift at 276/276 degrees ) that could be what he has but there's no guarantees
View attachment 277591
I was thinking .276" could have been lobe lift not degrees, not sure why I said "duration". I didn't have that card in front of me either. But either way (y)

I was thinking .276" could have been lobe lift not degrees, not sure why I said "duration". I didn't have that card in front of me either. But either way (y)

Understandable as you had limited information.

I only used the cam card as the example to show how to find the lobe lift. The other way is to measure pushrod or the lifter travel with a micrometer as Bison said.

That way you can at least find the lift of the cam you have without pulling it out of the motor.