what's next for my mostly stock GN

A little bit of new stuff.
Long overdue update

Got a used gt3255 turbo installed.
All Kirban braces installed.
Comp980 springs installled
New rad from Mishimoto, temps stick to 160 now.
Rear s10 pads and cylinders. I still have issues holding at the line.
Ran 12.8 at 108mph on my only run this year, just mashing the throttle off the line and a 2.1 60ft. At about 20lb/boost shifting into 4th with no converter lockup. I think this should be good for low/mid 11s with a proper launch and proper coupling TC

Got my transmission rebuilt by autopital in MOntreal. Deep pan, billet drum, hardened shafts...
Got a 9.5" 3021 torque from David Husek
B&m tranny cooler
Also purchased downpipe from TRcustomparts
Have a wideband also ready to install/hookup to PL
Also have a duttneck to weld on and clean up

It should be a fun season next year, I think I'm getting really close to my preferred setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You will need a real good 60ft on a good tire/suspension with mostly likely all the boost 30psi to run low 11s with your combo.i has been done but going from high 12s to low 11s will take seat time and risk.high 11s would be a lot less stressful on the car.

you are probably right....

#1 goal is a fun street car.
I won't make a fuss about numbers just yet!

I like how RJC puts it . A mid to high 11 second car , What you need for low 11's and so on and so forth

Getting an 11sec Buick to hook on the street with a very fast spooling high torque combo is no easy task.if driven and setup property you can leave hard on lot of cars.

how would one setup to take off on the street?

have airbags and Drag radials right now.

Since I was there, decided to do rear main seal and give me a reason to take the pan off and inspect the bottom end. Things look 100% stock down there and looks in pretty good shape.

Read all the rear main seal threads, hopefully I can stop the leak I had fro, the stock rope seal.

Getting real antsy to get this thing back together now. I'm also looking for a switch for my QTP cutout. I don't want to use the toggle, I would like something that fits in the ashtray plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anybody have a list of ittings to replace the following:

-tranny lines. NPT or NPST?
-oil cooler lines.

there is conflicting data when I search.