What's next for suspension? Goal: Yet even stiffer

nero

Car rides GREAT!!! Now I'm looking to make it even better. Here's what I have now:

SCandC package 2
Gbodyparts.com front end rebuild kit
Bilsteins
Moog 5658s up front
Rear boxed lower control arms UMI -
Rear tubular uppers UMI

Not sure what springs are in the rear... been there the 5 years I've owned car

I'm going with 17x8s in the future.

I guess I'm asking, given what I have, what can I do to make it even stiffer and handle even better? If I go with poly bushings, which are the most important ones to start with and where can I get them?

What rear springs are best? I have pix in the link in sig if you want to see where it sits now...

I added poly end links and bushing to the front bar and that helped.

Went with the ATR bar in the back and the car slides to the side in turns before it leans ;-)

Big sway bar in the back is a must. It will make a world of difference. I have the ATR style as well:D

Nero,

I just noticed you are in Silver Spring MD. I was in DC last week and back again this week (flying out torrow). Next time I am in DC I will have to get with you.

Rob

Definitely, Rob. Give me a shout out and see the Regal!! Far as the rear springs... I think (if I remember properly) that the Moog one to own was 5413?!?! I'm curious about the Belltech rears, but I don't want the rear to end up being lower than the front.... hmmmmm

Nero, Go see the post I just left in the the same arrena. It's under 36mm sway bar question. It might give you some ideas or at least answer some of your questions

My old T had Hotchkis springs on all 4 corners. I don't think you can get the ride any stiffer than that.

The 17s will help. You might also consider poly body bushings as well to help "stiffen" things up.
I'm running the HR sway bar in the rear, bad azz bar IMO, really improved the handling on my car.

You don't need to be Stiffer to handle better. Look at the Watts Link at SC&C. I will let you know when I get mine installed. Also, I saw the Spohn prototype Pro-Touring adjustable rear sway bar at SC&C this week. When that is available, That will be the ticket !! :biggrin:

nero,

You should call up mark at SC&C again. He's got everything you need. I also ordered the stage 2 kit and the spc springs to go with it. Thats just for a start. Also SC&C has adjustable shocks. They will add adjustability to your set-up.
+1 on the watts link & sway bar mentioned above.

Joe

You don't need to be Stiffer to handle better. Look at the Watts Link at SC&C. I will let you know when I get mine installed. Also, I saw the Spohn prototype Pro-Touring adjustable rear sway bar at SC&C this week. When that is available, That will be the ticket !! :biggrin:

Thanks for all the help guys... the 17s and suspension techniques are coming soon. I heard the watts link in another thread, have to do research on that one. Is it a rear set up? Think the front is done up quite well. Forgot to mention I have SCandCs front chassis brace! That thing rocks, too!

Thanks again folks.. I like a "tight" feeling car... front and rear

Since you have the front end kit you can get a poly upper and lower front and rear bushing kit and stiffen it up more. If you have the $$ getting the front upper and lower arms with poly would be nice and the rears are just a bushing upgrade unless you want adjustable uppers for tweaking your pinion angle.

I have the PST polygraphite and haven't heard any squeaks and it's been on for probably 20-25k miles.

Most upper and lower arms come with urethane bushings so you're not only getting better/lighter arms but the bushing upgrade.