what's the actual turnaround on a TT chip?

novaderrik

i ordered a TT chip the other night, and as might be expected, i'm a little bit anxious to get it. it's the way i remember feeling in the last few days before Xmas as a kid, looking at those big wrapped boxes and wondering what GI Joe play set i got that year..
i ordered it Friday night- can i expect it by this weekend?

I just got my most recent TT chip late last week.......it shipped about a week after I placed the order.

got the chip today. put it in, started it up.. ran rough for about 20 seconds, then smoothed out at 800rpm. throttle response is awesome.
now, i just need some insurance so i can go for a drive.

got the chip today. put it in, started it up.. ran rough for about 20 seconds, then smoothed out at 800rpm. throttle response is awesome.
now, i just need some insurance so i can go for a drive.[/QUOTE

Definitely sounds better than a GI Joe play set :D

maybe, but those GIJoe playsets didn't have transmissions that needed to be rebuilt..

i've neve really beat on my Buick- especially since i blew the stock trans and have been running around with a trans out of a 307 powered Olds that doesnt' like to shift with more than 1/2 throttle.. keeps me out if trouble, i guess.
i've now put about 20 miles on the chip, and i have nothing but good things to say about it. idle is smooth and steady at 800 in park or drive, vacuum is about 17 in park, 13 in gear, throttle response is perfect, and it seems to just cruise down the road better now. oh, yeah, when i do get on it a bit, the boost picks up much faster than it did before.
i'd say you can call me a happy customer- and i will tell anyone i ever run into in a TB that they need to get one of these chips.
but i think i need a different thermostat- which one is recommended with this chip? i think i've got a 185 in it now, since that's where it runs. the fan seems to kick on at about 175, so maybe a 170 stat?

Took about 5 days from time i sent payment to the time it arrived in the mail. One thing that blew my mind on the chip was how well the car idled and how strong it felt after the chip change.

The TT chips definitely change the personality of any TR, no matter what mod state they are in. :) 9 out of 10 dentists prefer the TT chip!

Just got my chip and am totally impressed. TT sent it in less than a week and the idle and throtle response are both incredible. It's amazing how much quieter it idles since it is so smooth now. Not a huge difference in overall power but I think I need new valve springs pretty bad. I'm only getting 15.5 lbs. of boost even after I tightened the adjustment in one turn on my waste gate. I'll give it one more turn tonight and drive tomorrow if it doesn't rain.