whats the best boost level?

ecmo92

What is the best boost level on the stock turbo? I was just wonder how far I can push this turbo. With every thing in my sig plus a dutt neck what do you think I would be running?

You might want to get a fuel pump (unless you just forgot to throw it on the list).

Check gnttype.org un the recipe section. I believe people are running 21-23psi on the stock turbo. After that, it will just be boosting hot air which won't help you.

With ported heads, Above 21 psi would be a tough trick with a stock turbo. If you want to run it much above 18 psi, you'd be better off upgrading.

okay, so whats the prices of the Craig turbos? I've heard alot of good things but nobodys said any thing about prices. I cant find a web site either. Would he have some thing better than te-44? Thats the turbo I'm leaning towards but the Craig units sound so nice!! Whats the equal craig turbo?
Oh, yeah, I've got a walbro. Forgot to add that!!:D

87 turbo t , ported heads,ported manifold,206 cam, TH down pipe,forged pistons, 3 inch single exhaust, poston headers and crossover, 009 injectors,2800 converter,Lubrant chip,hotwire,arp head and main,billet main caps,power plate,breathers,scanmaster,boost and knock gauges,K&N 9 inch,balanced and blue printed. stock turbo and intercooler till I get some more cash!!

your combo is screaming for a turbo around the size of a pte 54-
it flows a little more than the te44 and spools just as fast, good to see you have a 2800 stall convertor-

if its still laggy, then get a trans brake-

that 54 with 24 psi and a race chip and race gas your car would run really well-

you can take the stock turbo up to around 21-23 as everyone says, but if you get alky, or propane it really helps get rid of the heat the stock turbos create at that higher boost level-

HTH

EDIT- make sure you order the turbo, {where ever you end up getting it from}
with the pte exhaust housing-

ps- if you buy it new, you get a warranty

If this is a mostly street driven car will the pte54 ok? I dont want any thing too laggy. And yeah, one day I will have the propane or alky. Kinda waiting to see how the propane turns out.:)
One back at ya Billdogg!!:D

A 54 needs a 3200 stall according to Mr. Ed Baker.

I believe him too.

Prolly need more injector too.

I am looking at the 61's myself.