Whats the BEST?

joedontknow

Has anyone ever read or personally done a dyno-test with different exhaust and/or mufflers?

What is the BEST of the BEST when it comes to the GN's exhaust?
....and who makes it?

In your opinion of course.....:D

Thanks for your time,

JOE

ATR single shot. Lighter than duals, flows enough for low 10s and sounds great! Once you get past the whole ego trip, dual exhaust, hope it sounds like a V8. BTW....IT NEVER WILL!!!!!...............It's the only choice! ;)

Well I cant answere directly but I noticed alot of guys recommended the ATR single shot. When I ordered my ATR 3" crossflow they said it flowed more and was quieter than the single shot. I have this installed on my TTA and I really like the sound. I do not run an exhaust cut out. People say when you run one of these nice ATR set ups that they no longer see an improvement when opening the dumps.

HTH: Jason

I've had ATR's crossflow system and single shot, which is currently on the car. NOTHING outflows the 3" single shot, (except a bigger pipe or a cutout, obviously) but it is unfortunatly louder. I think all of ATR's systems flow well enough to go tens, with a couple going 9's. Its really a matter of sound preferance. The car will never sound like a rumpity V8, so don't expect it to. Thats part of the cool factor of our cars, they can be deadly fast yet quiet.

Fast eddie, you've obviously never heard a "big block on steroids". I love my car, but dude, I assure you it will never be able to sound like a bad ass big block. Maybe an anemic smog big block.;)

turbosam6 obviously you havent heard my car run either and I have heared many chevy powered cars from small block to big blocks,my father retired form Chevy R&D some time ago and I have rode and heared some cars you wish you had that never came to be:eek: my 3' ATR has the rumble of a big block at idle,but yes at full throuttle the unique sound of our beloved turbo 6................................................ :D
Ed

Don't mean to hi jack the thread....but would an ATR 3" Single Shot...or even the Dual 3" have any negative affects on my mostly stock motor...

ATR duals. Sound is not as nice as my big block but much more bitch than those imports!

Hey Fast Eddie, not trying to start an argument here, but I'm talking about built big blocks, not factory. You said a "big block on steroids", which I assume to mean built up, maybe un naturally aspirated. Since I've had 2 different ATR 3" systems, I think I know what they sound like. I also know what all my buddies blown and sprayed big blocks sound like. I assure you, no TR will ever sound like that. TR's have a sound all their own, and no one that knows better would ever say they share any characteristics with a big block. Too bad, I would love for my car to sound like my buddies blown 468! At least I'm still faster than him!

ATR single shot.
Put the pitbull where the cat would normally be, and an Ultraflow where the Pitbull would go. Then a turn down just in front of the rear axle.

Audio Alert!
Decent radio and speakers needed.
May have to talk kind loud inside the car.

Off Highway use only......

WHooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

Run a dual 2.5" without the mufflers!!

It will be WAY cheaper than the ATR, lighter, and sound deeper than the single shot.

I am contemplating going this route and having the pipes come out before the rear tires.

Hey guys...I REALLY appreciate ALL the feedback....looks like the ATR 3" single shot is the way to go.....if it'll support 9-10 sec Buicks....it'll SURE surpport my lil WE4 Buick!

Thanks again for the feedback!!